Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago we purchased a new 2016 Charger R/T and a new 2015 Challenger R/T + from a local dealer. Both had an issue with Sirius dropping out in 3-4 locations around town. If we drove fast enough through these spots there were no interruptions. Well, we've since sold the Challenger, but my wife still has her Charger and the problem and she wants it fixed before warranty runs out. I assuming both cars had the same audio systems. Before we take her car to the dealer I'm wondering if anyone else has/had a similar problem.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same consistent location with different vehicles. Most likely interference from a cell tower or other transmitter. There is an intersection I've been commuting through for 20 years that is a Sirius dead zone. Different vehicles and radios, same dead spot. I googled it once. Several inquiries about the same intersection but no answers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's not really a lot you can do about it. What you are hearing, or not hearing, is interference with Sirius XM’s legacy technologies — which happen to coincide with the same frequency AT&T uses for Band 30 (2.3GHz - Wireless Communication Service). Here's an article from Sept 2012 where the FCC gave the green-light to AT&T to use part of the spectrum for LTE.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Yep - I've had Sirius cut-outs at certain locations with every car I've used XM in. Hell, just driving under some trees can cause signal loss too. Like mentioned above - there is nothing wrong with your car/radio - it's just the way it is.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Off and on, off and on.
Seems to happen quite a bit in my area.
I stopped listening to talk radio on Sirius because it seemed to happen right at the crucial part of the program!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts