Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been almost a year already that we have had our 2010 r/t. My question is this. If we don't buy a package from sirius, exactly what will we loose? I know sirius radio and traffic, but how is the quality of the nav without it? We don't care about the radio stations, but we do use the nav from time to time. I also want to make sure we still can use the u-connect and the bluetooth, although I am pretty sure they will not be affected. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I think the traffic and nav are not the same. Alot of people talk about haveing the 3 orange cars and their nav system still works. I've never heard the UConnect had anything to do with sirius.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
The only thing you lose is the sat radio. I use my gig now. Frack another monthly sub.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You won't get sat radio anymore, that's all - everything else still works. I let mine run out on our Jeep - a few months later, I got a mailer from Sirius asking if I wanted to reactivate it, which I did, so I called the 1-800 number on the mailer. If you decide you want to go with Sirius after it expires, just call them and they'll walk you through a very easy reactivation process over the phone while in the front seat of your car. Takes about 2 minutes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You won't get sat radio anymore, that's all - everything else still works. I let mine run out on our Jeep - a few months later, I got a mailer from Sirius asking if I wanted to reactivate it, which I did, so I called the 1-800 number on the mailer. If you decide you want to go with Sirius after it expires, just call them and they'll walk you through a very easy reactivation process over the phone while in the front seat of your car. Takes about 2 minutes.
This is how its supposed to work, but the brain donor I talked to said I had to remove the unit to retrieve the serial number from the back! :notallthere: I told him to just use the VIN number, he said...

Him - "I cant do that"
Me - "Yes you can"
Him - "No I cant"
Me - "Yes you can"
Him - BIG SIGH... "Fine"

5 minutes later I was activated and listening to Raw Dog. The next day at the dealer the Service Advisor pushed like 3 buttons and the number showed up on the screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts