Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hade my Challenger almost a year(man time flys when your having fun) Sirius radio call and wanted me the sign up for another year. I only have about 3,500 miles so i am not in it that much. Well they wanted $142.00 for a year. I told them i would go for 55.00 a year but they said no. I have heard of others getting it much cheaper. What do ya think? Don

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Mine's not due for a while yet but a while back someone posted this.
Here's what I did about 2 weeks ago.Called the customer service and cancled.Asked to be sent to customer care.Then I asked for the $53 dollar a year promo I heard about on Challengertalk.The rep said how about $50 a year.Then she gave me a direct phone number and said call here next year.
Customer care 866-519-7570

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's in Canada but i received an offer by mail 2 weeks ago, 6 months for 30$ and they waive the reactivation fee. I would have take the offer but my car is in storage until april and the offer ends on March 11th.

When i'll get my car out of storage, i'll call and see if they can still give me that price or even better.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Wait until after a few months of your expiration date and you will receive countless e-mails and letters from them wanting you to renew. The latest one I got was to renew for 5 months for $20. I don't drive the car enough to justify renewing right now. Besides I have a removeable unit in my daily driver with a lifetime membership.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I did a 6 month deal for $38.00 (including tax and music fee). The $77.00 deal ends up being $99.00 a year after tax and music fee.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Renewed last month was a sent an offer of $20 for 5 months, upgraded to 6 months for $31. I figured I renewed then because I was going on a long trip with it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sirius keeps calling me to get me to renew. Everytime they call they say it is $12.95 a month or if I sign up for a year I get 1 month free. They aren't coming down on their offer at all. I told them I will only consider signing up for a year if they offer me $72 or lower a year. They said once my subsciption runs out, they will be calling with offers like that. I guess they don't want my business now....

·
Registered
820 Posts
I listen to satellite radio all the time, so I did the lifetime service. If you plan on keeping your car it's the only way to go and they have transferred it twice for me.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I let mine expire...between the MyGig, my Iphone, and regular radio...I don't miss Satellite Radio. Sure I had favorite stations on there...but it's not worth it if I can get tunes in my car for free. I heard someone was streaming Pandora through their iPhone in their Challenger....going to try that this weekend.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Watch out when they close the conversation. The will say real fast that you are accepting this special promo and you will then be charged full price after the promo runs out. You have to remember the date you applied and cancel. I did the $77 on the wife's Mustang last Thanksgiving and it came to $89 something, not $99. Check your credit card statement. The Challenger is coming up next week. Only got one letter so far for the full price. It takes a few weeks for them to turn off the service. I'm sitting it out. Got that number for the $50 deal. Will try that. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
let me know how the streaming works out. ...
Well. I downloaded the Pandora app to my iPhone after setting up an account online...all FREE...works great in the Challenger!!!! We rode around for about 2 hours today...never skipped a beat...came in loud and clear! Actually better than Sirius, because it doesn't skip out on roads with heavy tree cover, etc...and I can listen to it when my car is in the garage...best of all...did I mention it was FREEEEE! I say Screw Sirius Satellite radio!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Well. I downloaded the Pandora app to my iPhone after setting up an account online...all FREE...works great in the Challenger!!!! We rode around for about 2 hours today...never skipped a beat...came in loud and clear! Actually better than Sirius, because it doesn't skip out on roads with heavy tree cover, etc...and I can listen to it when my car is in the garage...best of all...did I mention it was FREEEEE! I say Screw Sirius Satellite radio!:thumbsup:
Ok spill the beans!! HOW D I DO THAT??

·
Registered
208 Posts
I really miss mine, this stereo doesnt have the option and I am deathly afraid of letting somebody monkey around with the wiring to install something else.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Some people like it but I would not pay for it at all. With the HDD and ipod hook up there is no point in their commercial free music. And the other stations have commercials.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I'm still in the free trial with my Challenger. However, my wife's new Equinox only came with a 3 month trial. It actually expired this month. She has XM, not Sirius but as we all know they are the one in the same. Anyhow, they called her last month trying to get her to renew before it ran out. Offered the $12.95/mo deal. I told her to decline. She told the rep no, we'll just cancel. They immediately countered back at $4.95/mo for the next 6 months. She really wanted the satellite service, so we took it. The rep did tell us it would go to normal billing rate after the 6 months promo expired and that we would need to call back if that was not acceptable.

The just charged us a few days ago for it when it was actually set to expire and total cost was $33.17 after the royalty fees. So just a hair over $5/mo, which is truthfully the most I think the service is worth.

Me personally I prefer my iPod with the songs I enjoy most. My music, all the time without any commercials or fade when I go under a bridge. Although at times I enjoy some of the services so maybe a $55/year deal as others are reporting would be okay.

I listen to satellite radio all the time, so I did the lifetime service. If you plan on keeping your car it's the only way to go and they have transferred it twice for me.
I didn't see a price for the lifetime subscription but also thought that would be the ticket. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price for lifetime? More interesting is the fact I thought I read MOBILE devices were NON-transferable? And that HOME devices had a maximum 2 transfers?

Ok spill the beans!! HOW D I DO THAT??
Go to Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music and create a FREE account. Then use your smart phone to navigate to the app store and download the FREE Pandora app. I've used on both my company Blackberry (AT&T) and my personal Android (US Cellular). The Blackberry was pretty crappy. And the Android rocks. Not too many things are that great that are Blackberry app related (they missed the boat IMO) so I'm inclined to think between their crappy app and less than stellar service is the problem.

Anyhow, once you have an account and the app on your phone, fire it up and login. To output the sound to your speakers, you will need an AUX plug. The end that goes in your car is 3.5mm. The one that goes in your phone will vary depending on the manufacturer/model. My Android just uses a double-ended male 3.5mm cable like with an iPod. I've had phones that have a special connector on the phone side though.

Quality is very dependent on signal strength. Also if you don't have an unlimited data plan, you may check into it or you might get a surprise when you review your bill.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It is very hard to do but I never give Sirius/XM my credit card # so as to avoid the automatic renewal at retail quantity 1 price. I am still on my freebie on the Challenger but I just got a bill for my other 2 cars for over $500. for 2 more years. I was hacked because the letter I received said past due, etc. etc. and it is the first noticed I had received – my service expired in mid Feb.

I went through their automated system and selected “cancelation”. Once a human got on the phone I told them I was hacked to receive a past due notice since the notice I got in March was the first I had heard from them. I also told them that I just wanted to cancel for the service, in my opinion, simply was not worth $12.95 / mo for car 1 and $8.95 / mo for car 2. Quickly I was offered 1 year for $77. for each car. I told them to make it $77. for each car for a year and bury in that tax and whatever the fees are then I would take it BUT, I would not give them a credit card #, they could send me a bill. The guy said OK so I took the deal. The next day I checked my account online and balance showing was $154.00 and I sent them that electronically.

The service has a value but by and large it is not $12.95 a month which most people balk at. It appears people renew the service when priced at under $7.00 a month.

Sirius/XM have bloated their cost by adding DJs on many channels and expensive personalities. I would suggest that they go back to their roots of music, sports, and news and ditch the other expenses resulting in being able to offer lower monthly rates and in-turn subscribership would increase and the pricing games could stop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts