Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never have had Sirius before, think I got it most figured out, which isn't too hard, I only listen to the 50", 60", 70"s.

I'm trying to figure out what that "Fav" button is for.............I thought it somehow saved that song for you to play later........I cant seem to get that to work.............if it doesn"t save the song for you.............what good is it. LOL

Rich:smile:

·
Registered
35 Posts
When a song you like is playing, hit the fav button. It will ask if you want to favorite the artist or just the song, make your selection and it will save it. The next time that song, or artist (depending what you chose) is on any channel, you'll get a notification with the option to switch to that channel.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When a song you like is playing, hit the fav button. It will ask if you want to favorite the artist or just the song, make your selection and it will save it. The next time that song, or artist (depending what you chose) is on any channel, you'll get a notification with the option to switch to that channel.

Ahhhhh, I think I got that, I was hitting that button and did the save deal, I just thought I could pull those songs up anytime I wanted them, so if I got this right, the only time I will hear the song if it is played on another channel than the one I'm on.

Although I wont get much use out of that system, because I only listen to 5-6 channels, but thanks for clearing that up.

Rich

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will get use out of it, you'll be surprised how many different channels a song can get played on. It's really good for that song that you rarely hear. Favorite it and you'll get more opportunities to hear it. If you find that a song you favorited flags too often, you can just delete it from the favorite list. I find it to be a useful feature.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Another useful feature if you haven't already discovered it is if you hear a song playing that you like you can rewind it and play it again.

You can also set it so whenever you change satellite radio stations it will always start at the beginning of the song on the new channel.

Great features even though the audio quality is not the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
If you turn on Tune Start, when you change to a channel, the song will play from the beginning. Just be aware, if you switch channels to see what else is on, and come bac, the song can be almost over, or even over. A Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you turn on Tune Start, when you change to a channel, the song will play from the beginning. Just be aware, if you switch channels to see what else is on, and come bac, the song can be almost over, or even over. A Guy
Only if the radio has been on long enough to store the song. And it has to be one of your presets I believe. (I could be wrong, but I don't think it saves every channel, that would need a crazy amount of RAM - and that's NOT a Dodge reference lol)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
It does it immediately, but only on presets (OP mentioned only a few stations he likes ;) ).

Tune Start begins playing the current song from the beginning when you tune to a music channel using one of the twelve presets, so you can enjoy the complete song. This feature occurs the first time the preset is selected during that current song.

Just like rewinding a song, not sure that's stored locally, just a request to Sirius. I could be wrong, but either way, start car, tune to a station, and the song plays from the beginning. A Guy

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
I like when I'm listening to a talk or sports show that I can hit pause, turn the ignition to acc, lock the car then run into a store or something then come back and pick up right where you left off.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
It does it immediately, but only on presets (OP mentioned only a few stations he likes ;) ).

Just like rewinding a song, not sure that's stored locally, just a request to Sirius. I could be wrong, but either way, start car, tune to a station, and the song plays from the beginning. A Guy
In my experience, tune start only works after the radio has been powered up for a few minutes. Hence my assumption that the music is buffered locally.

•••

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
I've never noticed tune start not working as soon as I change a station, but perhaps only my experience. I can't say whether it takes some time or not definitively. Wonder what others experience is?

A Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've never noticed tune start not working as soon as I change a station, but perhaps only my experience. I can't say whether it takes some time or not definitively. Wonder what others experience is?

A Guy
When I say the radio has to be on a few minutes, I'm talking about the first few minutes after the car is started. Mine comes on "mid song" when I start up, and if I change channels in the first few minutes.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
I understand, have not been aware of that happening on mine. Might not change channels on mine that soon. I'm under the building, so often don't have signal when I start up. A Guy

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've noticed it starts buffering after the ignition or acc is turned on. After that you can go to the replay key. Depending on how long the car has been on you can hit the back arrows and it will start at the beginning of each song since that channel has been on.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I'm a radio geek... I admit it.

Two things I noticed are: Tune Start does not work on channels 300-311.

I was frustrated using the favorites button because I never got any notices that a favorite was playing. Well, you have to go into the settings menu and tell it to give you a chime when a favorite comes on.

I absolutely love the favorites feature! Just don't use the Beatles and Rolling Stones as your favorite artists because your radio will be chiming all the time. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've noticed it starts buffering after the ignition or acc is turned on. After that you can go to the replay key. Depending on how long the car has been on you can hit the back arrows and it will start at the beginning of each song since that channel has been on.

This is a cool feature as you can go back for close to an hour.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
That's why they moved Turbo to channel 41? >:)

A Guy
OK, I gotcha! I hated it when they moved Turbo. Rockbar is 313, so it was easy to go to 314 to hear Turbo. It makes sense to me now. :grin2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts