Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a used RHB 430N radio from an auto recycler.

When I put the radio in my car and powered it up the first time, Sirius played normally for 10 minutes. Then, all the Sirius channels disappeared and the music stopped. The screen said "SAT Region Error." Turning the key of and back on didn't help.
I tried unhooking the battery, waiting a few minutes, then reconnecting it (several times) but Sirius kept showing the same error. While in my garage, I left the battery unhooked for several hours, then reconnected it - and Sirius would play again - but after ten minutes, the channels and music disappeared - and the error showed up again. Sirius customer service was no help at all on this issue.

In hindsight, I believe this error means that the Sirius channels in the radio need to be updated.

Here is what fixed the error:
First, I disconnected the positive side battery terminal and left it for one hour. After that hour, I touched the positive side lug to a ground screw just for a second to drain any remaining voltage, then I let the car sit with the battery still disconnected for one more hour.
After the second hour, I reconnected the battery and quickly moved the car out of the garage into direct satellite view. The satellite radio was working again. I stayed in the car with Sirius playing. At ten minutes, the Sirius music stopped again and this time, the display said it was updating the channels. After that, the music and channels returned - and the one channel that didn't work was no longer selectable. Sirius now works fine.
I found two unsolved posts about this problem online, so I'm not the only person it has happened to. Hopefully these steps will work for anyone that gets this error.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I spoke to SIRIUS last week to set up the trial in my new RAM. The guy said I could go to their web site and force an update if needed. Just need the radio serial number that is displayed on channel 0. He did it for me while I waited though. I wonder if that could have worked for you without disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Two different problems both of you right :)

Sirius can send a refresh to your unit and you can from your account page. That does sometimes fix them. But what SoChallenged did was: that power toggle forces the radio to find it's channel list. If that's corrupt is a reason the SAT REGION ERROR code is thrown. Essentially a hard reboot. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts