Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 R/t and has antenna and everything but cannot get Sirius satellite radio? Went back to dealer and they thought it had it when I bought the car off the showroom floor. I'm pissed but is there a way to keep my screen and still get satalite without going through my phone?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,727 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) More info needed. Go to this site and post up the Window Sticker and Build sheet. Or share your VIN# and lets see how the car was optioned. You have the base 7" radio?

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,428 Posts
ALL radios for 2019 R/T had SiriusXM with 1 year. If it doesn't work, take it in for warranty. If it has actually expired, call up SiriusXM and complain about the price, then get it for about $6 a month.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
SiriusXM was a $195 option on R/T and not all cars had it.

To add it you'll have to add the module and not sure what else.

Check your build sheet or window sticker, you might not have it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
SiriusXM was a $195 option on R/T and not all cars had it.

To add it you'll have to add the module and not sure what else.

Check your build sheet or window sticker, you might not have it.

I see that, but there is this as well. Sounds like the hardware is there no matter what you get?
You can still do the "build" on a 2019 on Dodge.com

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
With the 8.4 radio SiriusXM is included but with the base radio it's extra cost.

Not sure about 2019 but I know there used to be a module behind the radio that you needed to buy and not sure about the wiring to the puck on the roof. I guess a call to infotainment would be needed.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I see that, but there is this as well. Sounds like the hardware is there no matter what you get?
You can still do the "build" on a 2019 on Dodge.com
View attachment 987545
This is from 2019 build, BUT I missed one word, dangit.

So, any radio could have SiriusXM, but on the 7 inch, it was an additional option ($195, right?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on this? I have a Challenger with 7” UConnect and it only has AM/FM options- I’d like to add Sirius.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Any updates on this? I have a Challenger with 7” UConnect and it only has AM/FM options- I’d like to add Sirius.
Hi Bstone, Unfortunately, Sirius Radio needs to be added into the vehicle at the factory. There is no way to add it after.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
There are companies that offer radio upgrades but it is costly.

And they're referbs at that price....... "
  • Our reconditioned factory OEM radios feature a 90-day guarantee and a hassle-free return policy."

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
287 Posts
My 5" radio (no XM) had a cable with a blue jacket plugged in the back. I swapped the jacket (they are keyed but cable is the same) when I added the 8.4 and plugged it in and I get XM now (just the free stuff though).

Assuming you have the puck antenna on the roof, you should be able to make it work with a radio swap.

No idea on paying for and getting the full XM service though. I know I can't get a UConnect account and have access to all the features because UConnect refuses to change their database to show my VIN with an 8.4, no idea if a similar issue would apply for XM radio.

Note that the comments on the UConnect account are what I have read, not personal experience. I don't care to have a UConnect account, nor pay for the XM service, so I stopped after getting my 8.4 working with the performance pages.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts