Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got an email from Sirius. On May 4, they're changing all their channel numbers claiming it will "make it easier for you to quickly find what you want to hear."

Of course, they don't care that customers already have their favorite channels programmed into their radio presets - you'll just have to change them. If you have multiple radios (as I do) you have to reset all of them. Not a problem, though. After all, you can "quickly" find the new channel numbers, right? Well, not unless you're a paying subscriber who got one of these emails telling you about the change.

If you're in the free trial period with your radio you probably didn't get a notice unless you registered your radio with Sirius for some reason. The new channel numbers are here.

Oh, and they "look forward to providing an improved experience for our listeners." I just wish they'd stop looking forward to it and start doing it!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Just checked. All of the channel change info is on the website.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Thank goodness Dodge made it super easy to set the presets.

Posted from a mobile device. Please forgive brevity and occasional typos.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks for the update. I pay for the wife's car, but didn't get an email. Great, you can download a channel lineup, but it won't print from your browser.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Get used to it. I've had Sirius since 2004 or 2005 and they screw with the channels a lot.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the update. I pay for the wife's car, but didn't get an email. Great, you can download a channel lineup, but it won't print from your browser.
I didn't have any problem printing the channel lineup from Firefox (click on "Print Current View"). I also highlighted and copied/pasted it into Excel (Paste Special/Plain Text) so I can sort on the OLD numbers instead of having to hunt the channels wherever they are in the new lineup (as they have it displayed) when I start updating the settings on my tuners.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....they have also been announcing the change in the lineup on the air (which is how I heard about it).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not a paying subscriber (my came with the year) and I got the email. I deleted it as junk because if I read every email I got from Sirius, I would not have time for meaningless chatter here...

IN all siriusnus.. In the event you didnt get the email and dont want to channel scan you can actually use the uconnect voice command if yuou have that and say the station name such as 80's on 8 or Howard 100.. And it will change it, then you can hold down the corresponding favorite key.. I will probably do that because I feel quite grand driving down the road talking to the car and have it listen to me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
....they have also been announcing the change in the lineup on the air (which is how I heard about it).

Same here. I would really like to know what the actual business reasoning is for changing the channel lineup like this is though. Seems like this is the second time they've done with since I bought my car, and I've only had it a little over 6 months.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Fyi.... the lineup change occurred and my presets didn't change (all of my favorites are still there). No biggie IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts