Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Challenger a few months ago. At the time it had an 8.4" UConnect system with Apple Carplay but no Nav. I had them add a new Nav unit as a condition of purchase. Once the new radio was installed (a week after I took it home the first time) the SiriusXM would not work. It took forever to get it to receive channels. Now, the Traffic and Weather features are still not working. I have spoken to them multiple times, they have charged me for the service, the dealer reflashed the system, I called them a few more time and everything else you can think of but still not traffic and weather. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I bought a new Challenger a few months ago. At the time it had an 8.4" UConnect system with Apple Carplay but no Nav. I had them add a new Nav unit as a condition of purchase. Once the new radio was installed (a week after I took it home the first time) the SiriusXM would not work. It took forever to get it to receive channels. Now, the Traffic and Weather features are still not working. I have spoken to them multiple times, they have charged me for the service, the dealer reflashed the system, I called them a few more time and everything else you can think of but still not traffic and weather. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Hi TheYankeeMarshal, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer again, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi TheYankeeMarshal, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer again, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares
I have had it to the dealer twice now. When I left yesterday they were no closer to an answer than they were the first day and SiriusXM is absolutely no help.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
I have a 2016. I lost the traffic and weather updates a couple of years ago. I thought it must have gotten wiped out in some software update, so I didn't think anything of it. Well, it turns out, the XM station that I got the traffic and weather updates from was done away with. I can't remember where in the radio menu or settings you select the XM station to give you traffic and weather updates for your area. Maybe that is your problem? Your radio isn't set to get updates from a channel covering your area? This is an XM radio problem, and has nothing to do with NAV.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I have had it to the dealer twice now. When I left yesterday they were no closer to an answer than they were the first day and SiriusXM is absolutely no help.
Hi TheYankeeMarshal, Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with us via DM.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,557 Posts
I have a 2016. I lost the traffic and weather updates a couple of years ago. I thought it must have gotten wiped out in some software update, so I didn't think anything of it. Well, it turns out, the XM station that I got the traffic and weather updates from was done away with. I can't remember where in the radio menu or settings you select the XM station to give you traffic and weather updates for your area. Maybe that is your problem? Your radio isn't set to get updates from a channel covering your area? This is an XM radio problem, and has nothing to do with NAV.
For non Nav (might try this FM Channel Finder )

Nav units use NavTraffic

The Traffic & Weather button has never worked on my car, just searches and searches. The Nav traffic warnings work though.

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,731 Posts
In the uconnect app itself you select a favorite location other than that all I see is this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts