Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the six pack hood? It's fiber glass, wondering about how fitment is. Thinking of ordering from americansportscar.com Looks similar to the Sox & Martin hood, just not as tall and bulky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Yeah know a couple guys that have that hood, and what they complained about was rear fitment issues...great line up at the front and sides but you may have to pull your top fender cowls up to match the cowl height on it even after pulling off the oem cowl seal (sits a little high in the back) other then that if you plan on having it painted there's a lot of prep work cause it's a rough textured finish out of the box, so unless you know a body guy it's a big bucks job..anyway, post up pics after you've done. that's my 2 cents..cheers

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have one on my 2011 SRT, though I bought it second hand, so it was already prepped and painted a different color...and it fit with just minor adjustments.

i will say I went overboard and built an entire airbox to utilize the scoop, and be retro while still fully functional. I love the angry look that the 6 pack gives it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one on my 2011 SRT, though I bought it second hand, so it was already prepped and painted a different color...and it fit with just minor adjustments.

i will say I went overboard and built an entire airbox to utilize the scoop, and be retro while still fully functional. I love the angry look that the 6 pack gives it.
Nice! Can you post pictures of your car? Would love to see it with the hood on. Before and after would be cool too

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a picture with the hood closed? Your custom airbox looks incredible btw

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not a handy picture, but the entire assembly sits inside the scoop, I did have to add a small rubber piece merely for protection in car washes....rain never affected it, but the 1000+PSI pressure washer was a tad much. I will see what I have on my phone or at home picture wise.

that entire box is hollow, and molded to clear the features on the top of the intake, so things like the PCV box, as well as the catch can lines all have clearance molded in, as well as a water trap (though it has never caught any water as none gets in really). Then it mounts using the silicone 4 inch to 3.5 inch elbow, as well as two rubber "snaps" that are bolted to the injector beauty covers. it just bearly ever so slightly touches a spot in the scoop, but I am goign to clearance the hood when it gets paint matched.

the smallest flow area on the whole design is the throttle body inlet, everything else is intentional over sized.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great mad618! Is your hood scoop open or sealed?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So are hood pins required? I know they are on some of the cheaper fiberglass hoods, I'd hate to drill the hood. I'm not a fan of hood pins myself

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Bad618 you have one of the sharpest "Black" Challengers I've ever seen! The hood say's it all. Thanks for posting. Was thinking about the Speedlogix ram air hood but after seeing this setup I would like to do this for the "flame".

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
So are hood pins required? I know they are on some of the cheaper fiberglass hoods, I'd hate to drill the hood. I'm not a fan of hood pins myself

I would run hood pins on anything other than a metal (Aluminum) OEM hood. I had a friend who put a Fiberglass hood on a Stratus Coupe and the striker bar in the hood pulled right out after about 6 months it was on the car.

That scoop will add drag and lift to the hood.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I will say that the previous owner of this hood did not run pins, and i have not run pins and no cracking or wear on the striker, hinges or latch assembly so far. In all the years I sold fiberglass hoods for mustangs I neve rhad a properly installed one have any issues without hood pins, unless people tried to use a pin on hood as a bolt on.

conversely....ford did have a problem with their 94-98 hoods delaminating from the factory and had a TSB to apply more adhesive between the two layers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks great mad618! Is your hood scoop open or sealed?

It's open, when I ordered it the description said it could be cut out if wanted. I didn't ask for them to cut it out but they did anyways.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts