1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
There's a difference in the build quality. I originally purchased a $12 unit and never got it to work. Then bought the better one and haven't thought about it in 2 years.

Agreed $25 is too much for these things, but you'll want to spend a bit more for better quality.

You might get lucky though, hard to say... You can build your own; there's not much to it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There's a difference in the build quality. I originally purchased a $12 unit and never got it to work. Then bought the better one and haven't thought about it in 2 years.

Agreed $25 is too much for these things, but you'll want to spend a bit more for better quality.

You might get lucky though, hard to say... You can build your own; there's not much to it.

Fingers crossed he has a 99.8% rating so we shall see how it goes! The last 3 who bought one for the Chally all gave him a good rating to so like I said fingers crossed!

But damn this skip shift this weekend really killed me it sucks!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bought one from the same ebay seller last Feb with no problem.

great transaction Seller:Member id db.exoticcar ( Feedback Score Of 1382)
Feb-20-10 16:55
DODGE CHALLENGER 2008-2009 SKIP SHIFT ELIMINATOR (#220554371484)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought one from the same ebay seller last Feb with no problem.

great transaction Seller:Member id db.exoticcar ( Feedback Score Of 1382)
Feb-20-10 16:55
DODGE CHALLENGER 2008-2009 SKIP SHIFT ELIMINATOR (#220554371484)
Thanks for the input buddy, love hearing stuff like this!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,891 Posts
I got one from the same source last year and it's worked fine ever since. I hope someone confirms it works on 2011 model year also. I don't see why it wouldn't but you never know. At $12 though, not a big deal since you could always resell it if need be.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just some FYI about this installed it a couple days ago and no problems skip shift is now gone!

BTW it is a 220 OHM resistor and all plugs are OEM quality not a cheap piece at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
As stated on other threads, we really need to know what will work on the 2011s. Has anyone with a 2011 tried this yet?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As stated on other threads, we really need to know what will work on the 2011s. Has anyone with a 2011 tried this yet?

All your doing is blocking the DC voltage for a split second that enables the lockout solenoid with a 200+ resistor the 2011 Tremec is the same as the 2010.

This will work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts