Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed the SSI and took all of 10 mins assuming you have the right tools. I bought mine of Ebay for $10 an s few $$ shipping.

Parts

For most of you well probably use a floor jack, some jack stands and myabe a creeper. Well my old bones can't cut that any more so I installed one of these in my 40x75 shop.

Car Lift

Next you get your son-in-law to do the install while you supervise. :browsmiley::bigthumb:

Install

·
Registered
101 Posts
Man... I wish I had a lift. Hard to do in the condo. Do you think a couple of ramps for the front wheels would suffice?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is doable with ramps. Just unsnap the connector, connect the SSI to the harness first and then to the tranny.

The neat part of the lift is it has a wheel kit, so I can move it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
10 minutes, ha ha, took me that long to get the balls,well actually to have a beer,to drive up the rhinos. (thought they'd slip across the floor and i'd end up on my work bench) bah!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10 minutes, ha ha, took me that long to get the balls,well actually to have a beer,to drive up the rhinos. (thought they'd slip across the floor and i'd end up on my work bench) bah!
Oh that's easy.... Bring the R's up to about 4 grand, drop the clutch and then hit the brakes. It hop right up on the ramps. :browsmiley:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you guys get this car to even drive up on a Rhino Ramp with the spoiler? Doesn't it hit the ramp?

JFF:D
I use to have this problem loaded my car to a tow dolly. Just get some pieces of 2x8 or 2x10's and lay them on the ramp so you drive up the wood portion before up hit the ramp.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man... I wish I had a lift. Hard to do in the condo. Do you think a couple of ramps for the front wheels would suffice?
Put in a bout 40+ years of hard work, save some money, retire, pay off your debits and you can buy one. I don't owe anyone a penny. I wrote a check for my Challenger.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a car lift too! It has four little wheels and a jack handle, powered by elbow grease. HA HA

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh by the way. Love the Challenger it looks just like mine except for the wheels.

·
Registered
215 Posts
been told it's 250

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I got it on Ebay from db.exoticcar for $10 and $2 shipping. Not sure I can buy the parts and assemble it for that.

Not sure on the ohms reading.... IIRC it was 250 ohms. You may want to check Speedy's Garage as I think he has a video on the install.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
How do you guys get this car to even drive up on a Rhino Ramp with the spoiler? Doesn't it hit the ramp?

JFF:D
You think ramps are tough, try jacking up a lowered car :scratchhead:. It took me so long to fabricate crap from spare lumber, I forgot why I jacked it up in the first place. Then I had to crawl under it.. :notallthere: I forgot how scary that was with 4k lbs lurking over your chest.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get an 8' 2x10 and cut it in half. Now put 1 piece on each ramp about 3/4's way up. This should get the spoiler over the top of the ramp as you drive up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, so I know this is an old thread but since I'm just gettting into this skip shift deal, i have a question. i got one of the pigtails on e bay and instaled it today. it did not work. i have never had an indicator light about skip shift yet. i did not get one with the wire out of the transmission today either. it's not rocket science but when i test drove it, i still had to skip 1-4. any ideas out there.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
You are correct, it's not rocket science but there are 2 pigtails at the back of the trans. The other is a reverse lock out solenoid to prevent going into reverse while in fwd motion. You may have it hooked to incorrect harness. Also there has been some talk of some of the cheaper units not working correctly. Check to be sure it connected to the correct harness. You will continue to get the 1-4 display on the EVIC even after its connected properly but the solenoid will be defeated. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Manual says it will only do it between 19-21 mph and at less than 1/4 throttle.

HTH
Yep.. Which is most of the time.. :scratchhead:
I hated that SS.. What's next, an accellerator lockout mechanism? :fight:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the responses, guys. I will try it next weekend to make sure we got the right one. It didn't make sense that with that piece in there (which after looking, I realized that there is no wire between the connectors) that it would still SS when the wire was totally unplugged. I will let you know if I get it right this time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is easily do-able with ramps, even with the mopar KW suspension. Get it on ramps, and lifted and you shouldnt have any problems. Thats how I got mine in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts