Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't purchased one since 2010. Just purchased an '18 SRT. Don't know if anything has changed over the years. Anything I should know? Is any particular brand better than another? Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks, I trust there is no harm/conflict with a SSE when in Track or Sport mode?
I have a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker with a skip shift and no issues in other modes. Just plug it in. Good video and pics out there to ensure you plug it in correctly.

·
Registered
588 Posts
2016 6-speed RT here and installing the Speedlogix skip shift eliminator took 5 minutes to install and its one of the best/cheapest mods you can do for the manual cars.

Before I installed it, I always had to be conscious of where I was at when going thru traffic. A few times I wanted to make a quick change and go to 2nd gear but it threw me in 4th.

Since then, I don't even think about it anymore. I go to 2nd when I FEEL LIKE IT... :)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
He's got a 2018 and sport mode disables Skip Shift but it sounds like he wants it disable for good. I doubt adding an eliminator will result in any codes or damage to the vehicle if you install one on a 2018 model. It is only a 2 wire device so I think it only monitors motor resistance (never really looked into it), kinda like a burnt light bulb test.

·
Registered
588 Posts
He's got a 2018 and sport mode disables Skip Shift but it sounds like he wants it disable for good. I doubt adding an eliminator will result in any codes or damage to the vehicle if you install one on a 2018 model. It is only a 2 wire device so I think it only monitors motor resistance (never really looked into it), kinda like a burnt light bulb test.
Hitting sport mode on my car disabled it as well but I didn't always want to be in sport mode thats why I installed it. I dont think the 2018s are any different.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 2015, and hit the skip shift 3 damned times this past Saturday.. After crusing for 8 hours on that day, I pulled in the driveway, popped the hood to help the car cool off, jacked it up, and installed the eliminator..

Talk about pissing you off when you pull onto a highway, try to grab second, and it wants you to take 4th with cars coming up on you fast..

The only difference that I have heard of between the <2015 and 2015+, is there is no longer a dummy light letting you know it's active.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That exactly my question/concern.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts