Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I got one off ebay. Came out of Florida. $14 if I recall correctly. Works perfect!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I got mine from Adaptive.
Good price & fast delivery.
Just be certain you get the CORRECT resistance value (Ohms) as they dont seem to all be the same from 2009 to today or else you car will throw codes (MIL).

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
For some reason, the preditor wouldnt turn off mine, thats why I have the skipshift eliminator still sitting in my tool box if anybody wants to buy it.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
are we sure the skip shift eliminator is the same for the 2011 392?

i know the transmission changed a bit

im waiting until spring to get mine

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi

Who sells the best Challenger Skip Shift Eliminator?

Thanks

Jack
truth is they are pretty much all the same, 100ohm resister in a short connector harness. Just pull the existing CAGS connector off and install the purchased SSE assy and cap it with the original CAGS conn and good to go. You will need to get under the transmission and reach up. You will get a diagram. You can get them from our site vendors for a excellent price, SpeedLogix, Speed Inc etc check it out. Course as said if you get a Predator tuner it will program the ECU to negate skip shift sig.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would recommend checking that resistance value before doing anything.

The older T-56 tranny's for older models like 2007/8 Vipers & Vette's were using a 2500 Ohm resistance and when I got mine in 2009 it was the standard 2500 Ohm unit and it was throwing codes.
Turns out that for the 2009 cars the resistance value had changed to 250 Ohms. This is what was replaced for me by Adaptive and has been perfect since.

I cant speak for the 2010/11 cars but I can safely state that the resistance value does varie some between the model years...
Just be aware before you purchase as to be certain it's the correct one for your ride.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank to everyone for the input. I am thinking of getting a Predator so I think if that gets rid of the skip shift that would be the way to go. Is it part of the tune or do you have to turn it off separately?

Thanks

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts