Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the world can I get reid of the skip shift on my 2010 R/T 6 speed??

·
Registered
864 Posts
annoying as shit isnt it? you can get a skip shift eliminator or get a predator tuner. you can get both from a few of the vendors on this site.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Josh, I was waiting for one of you manual guys to answer but didn't want the op to think we were ignoreing him.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all I ordered one should be here in a few days.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks to all I ordered one should be here in a few days.
Best $ for $ mod that can be made on a six speed car. The car should come with one in the glove box.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I also ordered mine from SpeedLogix. Mikey set me up. Good price, quick ship and super easy to install. :thumbsup:

Best $ for $ mod that can be made on a six speed car. The car should come with one in the glove box.
1000% agree!!!

In regards to the install, you can do the old fashioned way...jack the car up and put on jack stands. But if you can use a lift, it makes the job easier. I was lucky, I have several buddies that work at car dealerships and I can access their lifts w/o a problem. I've heard of others getting their oil changed and slipping back into the shop and doing it at the same time. ;)

Oh yeah, if you have big paws, you might have a buddy with small hands help you out. It's a little tight in the space you have to get.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I bought my car used last September with 750 miles on it. Before I had purchased it, I had already purchased a skip shift eliminator. After logging over 200 miles and NEVER experiencing a forced 1-4 shift, I assumed the previous owner had already installed one.

I just had my battery disconnected for 1 week while installing my halo headlights, and now that I have the car back on the road, I've gotten a couple forced 1-4 shifts. How can that be? I'm planning to crawl underneath this weekend and see if there's a Skip Shift installed or not, and if not, I'll install the one I already purchased. But why hasn't it been skipping until now???

·
Banned
557 Posts
I bought my car used last September with 750 miles on it. Before I had purchased it, I had already purchased a skip shift eliminator. After logging over 200 miles and NEVER experiencing a forced 1-4 shift, I assumed the previous owner had already installed one.

I just had my battery disconnected for 1 week while installing my halo headlights, and now that I have the car back on the road, I've gotten a couple forced 1-4 shifts. How can that be? I'm planning to crawl underneath this weekend and see if there's a Skip Shift installed or not, and if not, I'll install the one I already purchased. But why hasn't it been skipping until now???
Are you sure you've met all the criteria before. Certain speed, certain RPM and certain temp. Annoying as crap WHEN it happens but I have a hard time replicating on purpose.

Another thought, you can use the Predator tuners to disable the skip shift feature. I'm not certain how the tunes are designed, but a battery pull might have reset that portion of it. Just a thought.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Here is the exact criteria from the owners manual to make the skip shift engage:

1–4 Skip Shift
There are times when you must shift the transmission directly from first gear to fourth gear instead of from first gear to second gear. This is to help you get the best possible fuel economy from your vehicle. This occurs when the engine coolant (antifreeze) is higher than 106°F (41°C), vehicle speed is greater than 19 mph (30 km/h) but less than 21 mph (34 km/h), and the transmission is in first gear, and the accelerator is at 1/4 throttle or less. The “1–4 Skip Shift Indicator Message” will be displayed during these times.

When the “1–4 Skip Shift Indicator Message” is displayed, the shift mechanism will only allow shifts from first gear to fourth gear. After you shift the transmission to fourth gear, you can press the clutch in and shift to another forward gear.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Are you sure you've met all the criteria before. Certain speed, certain RPM and certain temp. Annoying as crap WHEN it happens but I have a hard time replicating on purpose.

Another thought, you can use the Predator tuners to disable the skip shift feature. I'm not certain how the tunes are designed, but a battery pull might have reset that portion of it. Just a thought.
All I know is that I've driven it over 1000 miles, and never had a skipped shift, now I've driven it two days and in the last 10 miles it's done it twice...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Okay, got the skip shift eliminator, got the car on ramps. I can see, touch the plug, but, I just can't lift the tab and unplug the module at the same time with the same hand. What's the trick? I can't get both hands in there as it's really tight. Unless someone has a tip I may have to have the dealership or tranny shop do the simple plug and play install. Seems like I can only get my left hand in there while on my back and I'm right handed so it makes it doubly difficult. Advice, tips, anyone?

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
lift the tab, pull and wiggle across the wide section (side to side) - they have weather resistant seals and stick together.

Space is tight in there and you don't get all the leverage you'd really like.

BTW - its the one above the cross-member protruding and 90* angle relative to the case.

The rear one is the reverse lock out solenoid (they look the same) leave that one alone.

Here's a shot of the solenoid on the tranny when I did my install a couple of years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I need to do this mod as I experienced the 1-4 skip shift the first time I drove off the dealer lot yesterday, LOL As for unlocking the tab on the connector...one thing I have found over the years as a mechanic, push the connector in then press the tab and pull it back out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How much does this thing weigh? I was trying to place an order from Speedlogix, but the cheapest, slowest ground shipping is $15.13 . . . . 2nd day air is $31.72, which is about 6 times the cost of USPS Priority flat rate small box . . . I really hope that's an error . . . I was about to order, and cancelled . . . I'll call tomorrow and verify; I am optimistic that they wouldn't charge nearly 100% of the cost of the item to ship it . . .

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Get it from speedinc, my total was $28.19.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I purchased mine on evil bay for 12.00 shipped

It is a weather pack connector with the resistor in the harness, same style as the LT1 6 speed cars.

"Skip shift challenger"and i found it.

HTH

BW

1 - 20 of 21 Posts