Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics from a drive my wife and I took in our Challenger to Skyline Drive, VA last summer. Amazing scenery...and the view wasnt bad either. Just wanted to share because I think the Challenger looks amazing against the backdrop.......also I just learnd how to upload pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Very cool. I live at the southern end of the Drive. Right where it meets the Blue Ridge Parkway on Afton Mountain.

Don't know the Skyline Drive as well as the Parkway, mainly because the Parkway is free and the Drive charges a fee. Same kind of views.

What part of the Drive were you on?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got on at your end at Rockfish gap and got off at Thornton gap. Really nice drive (had to keep it slow though, lol) and people were gawking at the car...I loved it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Awesome pics. I want to head up to the Delaware Water Gap and 611 in PA this summer and try to find a nice spot to park my baby for a pic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome pics. I want to head up to the Delaware Water Gap and 611 in PA this summer and try to find a nice spot to park my baby for a pic.
Hey thanks man. These cars photograph well, huh? Good luck on your trip.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to plan on doing the Skyline Drive one of these days.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to plan on doing the Skyline Drive one of these days.
It's a beautiful, scenic drive. If I remember correctly its 35 mph for most, if not the entire drive which is 105 miles. There's 75 scenic outlooks to stop at. So if you're in the mood for that kind of thing its perfect. Now if you want a bit more adventure might I recommend Route 33 in West VA. Full of twists and turns, up and down mountains and you can do way faster than 35 mph. Its a blast as well.
For me at least in the Challenger any drive is fun. Heck I even get a kick out of just looking at it sitting there in my garage or driveway...but I'm easy to please :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts