Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Lets give DC something to think about. Slap Stick Or Manual???

• 5 speed Slap Stick

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 5 Speed Manual

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Auto

Votes: 8 17.4%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
AZRICH1 said:
Well Is it gona be a 5 Speed Slap Stick Or Manual 5 Speed?
Lets hope for a 6-speed auto...6-speed manual has been mentioned in the autoweek spyshot article, I think, as well as on some forum sites where this car has been brought up for discussion. With a couple more years in the making, according to some articles, they will have plenty of time to incorporate 'upgraded' mechanics and such. If they do come out with both the above, it will be a tough decision for me as to which I would get. I hate all the decisions, decisions, decisions.:p

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm hoping for a six-speed slap stick myself, since the automotive industry appears to be digressing from the standard transmission...as we once knew it. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sportstronic{"slap stick"} is for sissies
i need a pistol grip:cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Give production a couple years to materialize and who knows? The possibilities are pretty much endless with MB constantly updating their tranny tech. 7-speed auto and/or manual? Overdrive geared so your 392 gets around 30mpg on an expressway trip and averaging 23/25 around town? Technology is growing at a phenominal pace with major advances every year, especially in the comp field. I, for one, will be amazed at whatever they finally offer. But I do have my druthers!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dodge can not run the risk of screwing this up. It will have a manual transmission, or the majority of people are going to revolt against this thing. A lot of people aren't happy the Charger has an autostick, even though it's a family sedan, can you imagine not putting a manual transmission in your pony car? I'm willing to bet a large sum of money it will have a manual transmission, and most likely a 6spd (which has been rumored to have the pistol grip in every article you read about this thing, so I'm taking it as a given). So I vote for none of the above in the poll, and say 6spd manual w/pistol grip shifter.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You should keep in mind that just because 'pistol grip' has been mentioned in a few articles, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of the new generation 'Challengers' will be coming equipped with a standard transmission...many owners had 'pistol grips' installed onto their auto trans selector back in the 70's. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
It should come standard with the 6 speed with an option for the automatic that's in the Charger and 300C.

It would be a massive mistake to offer the car with only one kind of transmission option.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Omegalock said:
It should come standard with the 6 speed with an option for the automatic that's in the Charger and 300C.

It would be a massive mistake to offer the car with only one kind of transmission option.
Yep...agreed. ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
The important thing to remember is to just give us a chose. That's all I'm asking.

This car has the potential to be big. Let's see what DCX does with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It would be interesting to see a pistol grip shifter on a short-throw stick. About all you will have is pistol grip..:D

Reactions: R/t Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Nice looking 'Magnum' you've got there in your signature. :cool:
Thanks Mr.DJ. She's «My precious» and I enjoy every moment with her. Though, the new Challenger could be the next best thing to come in my driving life...;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts