Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any information available on slicks to mount on the stock 18" wheels or if the back spacing and offset works:

Weld Street & Strip 71MB8110W57A - Weld Racing RT-S S71 Forged Aluminum Black Anodized Wheels

Compare

Wheel, RT-S S71, Aluminum, Black, 18 in. x 11 in., 5 x 115mm Bolt Circle, 5.700 in. Backspace
Not Yet Reviewed
Part Number: WLD-71MB8110W57A

The only slick I've found that's close but recommended for a 10" rim is: M&H MHR-174 10.5/28.0-18
Anybody know if a 17" rim will fit on the rear? I've got no interest in downsizing the rear brakes to get to an optimal 15" rim or slightly larger.

·
Registered
936 Posts
As far as I know, but not 100% certain, the stock Demon wheel offset is zero mm. So, for that weld wheel you would need to add 1" and then divide by 2 to get the desired backspace. So your 11" wheel should be 6" back space. But why not buy a 10" if you want to run the M&H Slick? So that would be a 18X10 RTS wheel with 5.5 back space. Sure a 17" will fit but then you might need the shorter sway bar end links same as any other Challenger.

I am going to run a 18X11.5" Forgeline FF3 wheel on the back of my Demon. Just waiting on the official specs on the stock wheel. Everybody is saying it is zero mm offset and my math and logic tells me it is zero but I have not seen it in writing from any reputable source.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. 10" wide wheel for the M&H slicks that are available 28" height for both 17" and 18" rims. I'd like to do the 17" for some more side wall, but need to see what's been done with the new hollow sway bar and if the end links have been changed. May well default to the 18" as I'm not really motivated to mess with the rear end geometry on this car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agreed. 10" wide wheel for the M&H slicks that are available 28" height for both 17" and 18" rims. I'd like to do the 17" for some more side wall, but need to see what's been done with the new hollow sway bar and if the end links have been changed. May well default to the 18" as I'm not really motivated to mess with the rear end geometry on this car.
subscribed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts