Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go ahead and give my T-Handle shifter a subtle change. I had scuffed my shifter bezel some time back and decided to give the handle the same treatment. I painted the M and Mopar red then scuffed away the polished finish. Gave it a different look that I'm happy with.

Attachments

Reactions: salvy59 and USRWDV8

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
It does look great. I like it a lot. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
That looks great!
What did you use to scuff finish?
And how did u go about the painting.
I've been contemplating the same. Not sure if I should use testors enamel or just plain ole nail polish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks great!
What did you use to scuff finish?
And how did u go about the painting.
I've been contemplating the same. Not sure if I should use testors enamel or just plain ole nail polish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the comments.
I scuffed it with a 3M pad and used 3 coats of Testors model enamel. I did the initial scuff, then painted with a fine brush and let each coat dry before lightly scuffing away any excess paint. It was easier to stay in the recess of the M, but the text needed cleanup each time.
I tried to leave the ends and finger indents polished at first, but it just didn't look right so I scuffed up the whole thing. Knowing the paint may not wear well, I'm going to pick up some clear.

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks good, man ! Well done !!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
All I want to do is scuff my T handle and chrome ring looks to shiny around the gear shifter
so all it needs is the 3m green pad? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Great mod the T handle should have came that way... I always thought the pictures of that T handle looked too shiny in chrome.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts