Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the car look great shifts good, but all the stupid Performance limitations Dodge put in the cars is increadable... ( Don't get me started on that subject )
I can tell you that after driving the car down the strip quite a few times. that it gets a little faster, and/or driver get's better over time.
I launch as hard as i can and try to keep the wheel hop bunny under control ( don't want to bust axles etc... ) this is the best run i have gotten off.
The car is a 2010 Challenger R/T 6sp 5.7 Track pack car 3.92 gears. Launch at 2000 / 2200 RPM.

60' ---- 2.286
330'---- 6.154
1/8----- 9.264
MPH---- 79.84
1/4----- 14.198
MPH---- 100.00
whoo hooo Finally broke 100 wow
the car is stock other than a K&N CAI and 190drg thermo Stat
running on 20" GoodYear Supercar tires.
Real close to sea level here. below sea level on a good night.

What are the other semi-stock Challenger's running in here?
Please Post ET's for Comparison, Now on to the questions.

1st Question.
Has anyone changed to poly bushings in the rear and elimated the HOP?????? The auto Challengers just keep pulling away at starting line.
not to mention the camaros and Stangs.

2nd Question.
What is the smallest rear rim that will fit ? I do not think a 15 will fit but will a 16- 17 rim clear the rear calipers??? Dont have extra rims to check. :scratchhead: And the metric pattern dosen't help, what happened to 5 on 4 1/2 B.C.
Thinking the extra sidewall thickness will help dampin the rebound that the 20" tires are making on the suspension.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I was asking some of the same questions, Pedders bushings, and the Hopnot Kit. You should check them out too.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
On initial launch from a stop, I would recommend gently engaging the clutch with a bit of slip, rather than launching "hard". I've gotten as good as 11.4 second 0-100 mph with my 2010 six speed R/T at 275 ft elevation, temp in the mid 50s (see shot of my Trinity below). That's on the 18" Michelin 235-55-18 stock tires, BTW. My only mods are Airaid intake, 91 CAI DS tune, and 180 degree t-stat.

Another trick to get better acceleration from the six speed - do NOT let off the accelerator pedal during shifts. Keep the throttle mashed. Good luck.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think your launch is too hard. My best results are with the traction control off (this means 60% left on with stock setting), tach set at 1800, drop the clutch, and nail it to the floor. By doing this I get low-mild hop (something I can live with), it spins for about 15', locks down, and off I go with second gear coming up fast. I am no longer into racing, but tested this combination a bit just to see what it would do. I found out years ago when I was running a 71 340 demon, with auto, 4.10 gears, and tall slicks that I could destroy 440's, and 396's by not spinning much out of the gate. While they were at the line smoking tires, I was moving down the track.
Just my two cents.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The launch verys depending on the track and how much prep they do, the launch RPM may be as low as 1500 - 1800 Rpm with Mr. Squigle turned on, now i try and do the key trick, but they are real slow in staging and have to turn the car off. so kinda started not woring about doing that just the ESP button. i can launch without wheel hop, but really loading the rear end up. i want to at least spin the tires a couple of feet to save parts but the wheel hop is brutal... Energy susp is releasing new poly in the first of the year so waiting to see what they have coming out the pedder guys are way over priced for my taste. but we will see.
Waiting for better weather and will keep adujsting. predator on way so will see then. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
You should ask CT member Valley about this - he has quite a bit of info on the wheel hop issue.

You could experiment with bushings - if it were me I'd spend money for the Hop-Not kit - I've read many CT members report it eliminates or virtually eliminates the wheel hop. Check the member forum here for more info. Good luck.

5,134 Posts
The launch verys depending on the track and how much prep they do, the launch RPM may be as low as 1500 - 1800 Rpm with Mr. Squigle turned on, now i try and do the key trick, but they are real slow in staging and have to turn the car off.
If you have a Predator or Trinity, set the car in Dyno mode. It will disable all the electronic nannies until you turn dyno mode back off.

If you can, post a video from inside the car. I think you're shifting too slow. In purely stock form I got a 13.8. With better street tires and a tune I got 13.3.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you have a Predator or Trinity, set the car in Dyno mode. It will disable all the electronic nannies until you turn dyno mode back off.

If you can, post a video from inside the car. I think you're shifting too slow. In purely stock form I got a 13.8. With better street tires and a tune I got 13.3.

^^^What toofart said and practice, practice, practice. My first time is quicker than OPs best, bone stock.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
more skill is needed for 6 speeds, thats why grandpa greg drives an auto.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
On initial launch from a stop, I would recommend gently engaging the clutch with a bit of slip, rather than launching "hard". I've gotten as good as 11.4 second 0-100 mph with my 2010 six speed R/T at 275 ft elevation, temp in the mid 50s (see shot of my Trinity below). That's on the 18" Michelin 235-55-18 stock tires, BTW. My only mods are Airaid intake, 91 CAI DS tune, and 180 degree t-stat.

Another trick to get better acceleration from the six speed - do NOT let off the accelerator pedal during shifts. Keep the throttle mashed. Good luck.
Ok, now I see how you guys are getting fast times, running a 275 elevation, my runs have been at 3000ft adjusted via humidity, temp, air density...ect thats a huge difference and exlpains a lot.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Edit - Doh - you're not the O.P.

Are you actually dragging at 3000 ft of elevation, or is that a calculated D.A.? regardless, it's pretty high and robs a lot of power.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
IMO, practice is everything. My first few runs netted [email protected]. My last few runs netted [email protected]. I believe I can get 13.60s with even more seat time. I have had around 25 runs.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Edit - Doh - you're not the O.P.

Are you actually dragging at 3000 ft of elevation, or is that a calculated D.A.? regardless, it's pretty high and robs a lot of power.
Yes, 3000 feet, I live in the Canadian Rocky mountains. It's DA adjusted, but even 2500' we could say would be average. Fair enough I think. I too only have maybe 35 runs down the track. Very inexperienced to say the least, but I'm trying harder this year, and I will going drag racing every other Friday if I can.

5,134 Posts
Altitude shouldn't affect you as much with a supercharger. You're creating your own atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Altitude shouldn't affect you as much with a supercharger. You're creating your own atmosphere.
The air whether it's being forced in or the engine is drawing it in on it's own is still thinner than the air you guys are racing with at sea level. It does make a difference. Altitude difference between Calgary to Edmonton is about 500', I ran a whole second faster in Edmonton with a lower elevation. I love my car whether it's the fastest or not it goes good, runs good, and gets a lot of attention, and other then the fact of running bald huge street tires, I've been very happy with the package Josh and Jeff helped set me up with from HHP.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Toofart, check out the Drag Times online D.A. calculator. Supercharged vehicles are affected less, but still affected.

I ran his D.A, and his 12.8 converts to an 11.7, which is excellent.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Toofart, check out the Drag Times online D.A. calculator. Supercharged vehicles are affected less, but still affected.

I ran his D.A, and his 12.8 converts to an 11.7, which is excellent.
Thanks Jay, final one person willing to stand with me and say my car is not to bad. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. And I will get into the real 11's at the track, at a 2500' elevation, in the summer on a hot humid day, simply with practice, wheels and drag radials, and I'll gladly show you all the time slip and footage when I do it!

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts