Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got catless mids, SLP LM1 resonators, and deleted factory resonators. So in essence it's straight pipe all the way through. Sounds good at idle but at WOT it has a slappy sound like many straight piped vehicles have.

My main concern is being able to hear my cam at idle. I've got the power, but I also want the sound. I'm looking for a couple of mufflers that will allow me to clearly hear my cam chop, crackle, and pop and yet not sound like the LM1 at WOT.

I'm considering LM2 or Flowmaster Hushpower Pro or any others that are recommended.

Anybody have a resolution???

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've currently got catless mids, SLP LM1 resonators, and deleted factory resonators. So in essence it's straight pipe all the way through. Sounds good at idle but at WOT it has a slappy sound like many straight piped vehicles have.

My main concern is being able to hear my cam at idle. I've got the power, but I also want the sound. I'm looking for a couple of mufflers that will allow me to clearly hear my cam chop, crackle, and pop and yet not sound like the LM1 at WOT.

I'm considering LM2 or Flowmaster Hushpower Pro or any others that are recommended.

Thanks
I currently have the stock cats and been going back and forth between straight pipe and my lm1 resonators. I have this setup because i like being able to hear the lope of the cam as much as possible. I would love to do catless mids but if i disable the rear 02 sensors i wont pass inspection. Since you have catless mids i wonder what it would sound like with some flowmaster 40 or super 44's.

·
Registered
94 Posts
^^^ What he said... I would vote for Flowmaster Super 44's or 40's. Super 44's will be a bit more mild than the LM1's, and have a bit lower of a tone, shouldn't be quite so crazy at WOT.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What kind of cams you have Leadsled?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had flowmaster super 40's and it was way muffled. Couldn't hear the cam coming through. But they did sound really nice at idle, wot, and cruising. That is a great muffler.

I just have a drop in and go srt max plus from inertia. I had to get a mild cam because it's my dd and I'm on a budget that's not forgiving of rods, springs, and a torque converter. Lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had flowmaster super 40's and it was way muffled. Couldn't hear the cam coming through. But they did sound really nice at idle, wot, and cruising. That is a great muffler.

I just have a drop in and go srt max plus from inertia. I had to get a mild cam because it's my dd and I'm on a budget that's not forgiving of rods, springs, and a torque converter. Lol
Check out the video below... This guys car sounds real good he said he has Flowmaster Original 40 Mufflers, JBA Shorty Headers and JBA Catless Mid pipes

·
Registered
165 Posts

Thanks
Did you end up ordering any new exhaust?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm guessing Flowmaster 44's and a set of electric cutouts would be a sweet combo, the best of both worlds with the cutouts cracked open a little bit! Someday I'll let you know, I need to wrap up a few projects before diving into a cam install but it's on the list...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The LM1's were great. They weren't too loud for me, but being that I have catless kids and no resonators it was just a lot of sound and not enough tone. I have the LM2's on now and I think I'm finally satisfied. They sound great!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
The LM1's were great. They weren't too loud for me, but being that I have catless kids and no resonators it was just a lot of sound and not enough tone. I have the LM2's on now and I think I'm finally satisfied. They sound great!!
Any video? When i get my car back i still have to decide what muffler to put on also.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can still hear it very well. It's not as loud and clear as the LM1's. Meaning it is a bit "muffled" but it's still good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts