Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a skip shift eliminator off of Amazon that is supposed to be an SLP 21008 eliminator. I tried to install it on my 2011 R/T but the plug that goes into the tranny is a little different and it wouldn't work. Also, I tested it with an ohm meter and couldn't get the 250 reading that it is supposed to read.

Has anyone else had an issue with their eliminator?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20140114_071046.jpg

This is a pic of the slp eliminator. The plug for the challenger would have the same "lip" on both top and bottom. This plug only has it on the bottom.

According to slp's website, it should fit our cars. I'm guessing I was sent the wrong one?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
So you're telling me that the skip shift eliminator that I bought for my '09 Challenger SRT8 (and used on my '11 Challenger SRT8) will work on my new (used) Viper? Awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

Now all I need to do is find installation instructions...
If it is an 03-08 yes it will!

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased mine from Speedlogix two days after I ordered my car. When I picked the car up at the dealer I drove to my friend's shop, put the car on the lift and took about one minute to install. My first ( and one of the best) mods.
Yeah, I look forward to getting and installing mine. I've found myself starting off in 2nd just to avoid it. Extremely aggravating.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought a skip shift eliminator off of Amazon that is supposed to be an SLP 21008 eliminator. I tried to install it on my 2011 R/T but the plug that goes into the tranny is a little different and it wouldn't work. Also, I tested it with an ohm meter and couldn't get the 250 reading that it is supposed to read.

Has anyone else had an issue with their eliminator?
Amazon.com: SLP Performance Parts 21008 Skip Shift Eliminator: Automotive is the one I ordered from Amazon/SLP Performance Parts and installed on my 2014 R/T with no issues. It was the first mod I did on my Challenger. As for installation instructions, safely get under the car (a lift or jackstands required, don't just use a jack) and carefully unplug the harness from the driver's side of the transmission and put the skip shift in line and plug back in. Just be careful when connecting and disconnecting the plugs, you don't want to damage the clips. You may need a tiny screwdriver to assist you in moving the clip so you can disconnect the plugs.

One other thing, there's a solenoid on trans that locks out reverse, make sure you aren't trying to install it on that one, I don't know if the connector is the same as the skip shift solenoid.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah, I look forward to getting and installing mine. I've found myself starting off in 2nd just to avoid it. Extremely aggravating.
Tungsten,

I done some research before I purchased my car and found this info. You may not need to start off in 2nd gear. I lived in the triad (Greensboro) for 15 years. I miss my Carolina home!!

"Engine coolant (antifreeze) is higher than 106°F (41°C),
vehicle speed is greater than 19 mph (30 km/h) but less than 21 mph (34 km/h),
and the transmission is in first gear, and the accelerator is at 1/4 throttle or less.
The 1–4 Skip Shift indicator message will be displayed during these times."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amazon.com: SLP Performance Parts 21008 Skip Shift Eliminator: Automotive is the one I ordered from Amazon/SLP Performance Parts and installed on my 2014 R/T with no issues. It was the first mod I did on my Challenger. As for installation instructions, safely get under the car (a lift or jackstands required, don't just use a jack) and carefully unplug the harness from the driver's side of the transmission and put the skip shift in line and plug back in. Just be careful when connecting and disconnecting the plugs, you don't want to damage the clips. You may need a tiny screwdriver to assist you in moving the clip so you can disconnect the plugs.

One other thing, there's a solenoid on trans that locks out reverse, make sure you aren't trying to install it on that one, I don't know if the connector is the same as the skip shift solenoid.
I tried to install it in the connector that is located just above the fill hole on the transmission.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, that's the one. The slp eliminator I was sent wouldn't plug in. They must have sent the wrong one. No worries, it's going back.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That sucks having to send it back, hopefully they will make it right. As for a way to avoid the skip shift, when the moon and stars all align and cause the solenoid to actuate, shift from first to neutral, with the stick in neutral, let the clutch out then push it back in and then shift to second (double clutch) and you'll be fine. My issue was that I would pull out of my street and turn up a hill, shifting from 1st to 2nd and the damn thing would force me to 4th on a hill at 20mph, what a joke.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

I greatly appreciate your post! I found it while researching if the same eliminator will work on my '14.

Have you still had no issues with it? I wouldn't want to cut corners on quality.

It's a small expense, but the free shipping makes it preferable over the one sold by Speedlogix.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My R/T is a 2014 and I have had no issues with the skip shift eliminator, and to be honest, I haven't been back under there to look at it. I had the car into the dealer for an oil change and nothing was said about it, they probably didn't even see it. I assumed that the "SLP Performance" vendor on Amazon was Speedlogix, but I could be wrong but either way, I love Amazon Prime, I ordered shocks for my Ram last week and they were at my door the very next afternoon.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
My R/T is a 2014 and I have had no issues with the skip shift eliminator, and to be honest, I haven't been back under there to look at it. I had the car into the dealer for an oil change and nothing was said about it, they probably didn't even see it. I assumed that the "SLP Performance" vendor on Amazon was Speedlogix, but I could be wrong but either way, I love Amazon Prime, I ordered shocks for my Ram last week and they were at my door the very next afternoon.
SLP Performance Parts is the manufacturer & Muzzys is the vendor.

I think the Speedlogix product is their own.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
570 Posts
why would dodge have a set up like this ? preventing normal shifting ? 1st to 4th at 20 MPh and maybe even going uphill, talk about lugging the transmission & motor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts