Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger Scatpack Torred
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys noticed a very small chip on my windshield and some light scratches. Will my extended Gold Plus plan cover this? If not, is this repairable or a must replace scenario?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had a chip repaired on my Pacifica. Safelite did it. I believe he said as no crack longer than an inch is present, it will be fine. (I had a crack with the chip) Mine was fine.

Tom

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,478 Posts
It will still look like crap if you have it repaired, so I'd replace it. That said, I have 100% glass coverage on my insurance because of all of the semis on the freeways here.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger Scatpack Torred
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have coverage too. Should I wait until it's a bigger Chip. Is like a mm thick lol.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,180 Posts
If the chip is one of the "bullseye" ones, the DIY windshield repair kits you can buy OTC can be leveraged to make them go away, or at the very least make them much less noticeable. I've got a thread in the DIY section where I posted some pics of repairing a bullseye crack in mine a few months back. The results did surprise me, but I had low expectations to begin with. Still, it was better than the alternative in my case...

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
I had a chip repaired on my Pacifica. Safelite did it. I believe he said as no crack longer than an inch is present, it will be fine. (I had a crack with the chip) Mine was fine.
Same here. Safelite did a repair on my son's car over 1 year ago and it is barely noticeable. The $100 cost was covered by my insurance. One word of caution, however. Although it seldom happens, they warn you that the heat that is used in the repair process could crack the windshield.

Sometimes, you have no choice but to replace the glass. Look what happened to my backlight glass a few years ago. The cause was unknown, possibly defective glass or excessive heat. Safelite replaced it with an OEM MOPAR backlight. Good as new.

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Same here. Safelite did a repair on my son's car over 1 year ago and it is barely noticeable. The $100 cost was covered by my insurance. One word of caution, however. Although it seldom happens, they warn you that the heat that is used in the repair process could crack the windshield.

Sometimes, you have no choice but to replace the glass. Look what happened to my backlight glass a few years ago. The cause was unknown, possibly defective glass or excessive heat. Safelite replaced it with an OEM MOPAR backlight. Good as new.

I was not carrying comp and collision, so I paid cash. The guy said if I needed the windshield replaced down the road, I would get full credit for the repair toward the new windshield. Can't ask for more than that!

Tom.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,478 Posts
As I understand it, even the dealer replacements do not have the Challenger easteregg in the lower drivers side.
What Easter egg? I haven't noticed anything special on my windshield.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
The funny thing is, sitting in my car I was thinking they had it wrong, the silhouette is that of the passenger side, but it has the gas cap! LOL. From the outside. Lower drivers side.

2015-Dodge-Challenger-Windshield-Logo-300x218.jpg

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts