Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small lump on the top center of the dash.
I was wondering if anybody else had the same thing,
and what the dealership did about it. Its very hard to
get a picture of it.
Of course, I'm worried what it will look like 5 to 10 years
down the road.
This is a 09 R/T built Jan. 2010.
Thanx for your response.
RTLover :weed:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Not sure what you mean by a "lump" but there's threads on here about inconsistencies in the dash, usually related to the airbag area in front of the passenger seat.

I think at least one person had theirs replaced; I have some on my dash, but it doesn't bother me. Also, my car is rattle free, and I'm not about to have the techs yank out my dash and replace it.

The longer you have your car, the more you'll realize that Chrysler really doesn't understand plastics engineering. Lots of problems with rocker panels cracking, door trim breaking, hood weather stripping coming apart, and of course the dash issues.

What concerns me is even the best extended warranty from Chrysler excludes all plastics (do ya think they know their weakness?), and also rattles.

We've all got 3 yrs/36K miles bumper:bumper warranties; my tack is to wait this out and see what it looks like in the 3rd year. I've had one trim piece on my door replaced already- -and the new one blew out the window this weekend- - -

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a small lump on the top center of the dash.
I was wondering if anybody else had the same thing,
and what the dealership did about it. Its very hard to
get a picture of it.
Of course, I'm worried what it will look like 5 to 10 years
down the road.
This is a 09 R/T built Jan. 2010.
Thanx for your response.
RTLover :weed:
It says you have an 09 R/T built in January 2010. If it was built in January 2010 it would be a 2010 model.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I have a small hump on the top of my dash between the center stack and passenger side. It was there when I bought the car brand new. It does not bother me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have one too next to the airbag, dealer showed me a new 2011 with the same lump in the same spot

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,351 Posts
I have the dent in the dash above the airbag, this seems to be a common problem on Challengers but doesn't bother me enough to try and get it replaced. From what I've heard the replacement is just as likely to have that dent in it.

However, it sounds like you have a raised area " a lump " and not a dent so it is probably not the same problem. I know you said it is difficult to get a picture of it but even one that isn't perfect might be of some help here.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It says you have an 09 R/T built in January 2010. If it was built in January 2010 it would be a 2010 model.
You're right, I can't add, it was built Jan. 2009.:scratchhead:
Well dam. this sounds pretty common. My issue is what the lump
is going to look like 5 -10 -15 years from now.
I went to the dealer today and they photographed it and sent
it to Chrysler for approval.
And you'll are right, I have a very scary thought of the dealer
ripping out the dash!!!! It could lead to future problems.:grim:
I'll let you know what Chrysler says.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Any updates? I have a small (3/8") hump about 6" to the left of the dash SRT* badge....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hey, as long as they are not cancerous then all is good...

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have the lump also in the same place on my dash

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have the same lump .... but also dont really want the dealer ripping out the dash .... i only see it every sp often ... it doesnt stand out ... but its there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts