Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2013 Challenger RT, these 3 pieces broke off of the bottom of my car, and I'm not sure what's the name of this part. It broke off as I misjudged a curb while backing out of a residential parking driveway. It was dark, so I'm not sure if I retrieved all the parts to attach it back to the car. Are there any other pieces that should go with this or should I just try to fix it?

This is located underneath the car just in front of the passenger rear tire. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The round cup is what you place the floor jack or lift pad under to lift the car and the bolt secures it, the cover is located near it and may have some brake and fuel lines above it so look for damage to them. Check your pinch weld at the lower edge of your rocker you may have more damage. If your luck you will only need some push clips and a new cage nut for the bolt.

You need to put them back on, your not driving a $500 beeter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Been there , Done that!

So I'm not the only one to break this part! I did the same thing when I rounded a parking lot curb too tight.
It's called a Torque Box Cover and costs about $25 at the dealer. The panel, black cup looking thingy and the bolt come in the kit.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After evaluating the part further, it's just the bolt that's the problem. It's threads near the tip are grinded off, so I'll stop by the dealership tomorrow to see if they have a replacement bolt. After I acquire that, then I'll be fixed back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts