Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a rock in my windshield on my 1 month old R/T, it left a small but noticable scratch. Safelite took a look but it was not deep enough to fix.

Anything I can do to make it less noticeable? It isn't dead center of my view, but not far.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
They are not supposed to fix chips that are in the line of sight of the driver, at least not in Ohio. If you really want it fixed, tell them you will buy the windshield yourself and pay them to put it in. It might cost you a little if you have the "Rain Sensing Wipers". Even a "Chip Repair" leaves a little blueish "dot" where the fill is done.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,124 Posts
If it's the bullseye kind, you can try the OTC repair kit to minimize or possibly get rid of it. I had some luck with one of those kits (Rain-X) on a rock chip in mine a few months back. There's a thread in the DIY with some pics I believe.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meant to post pics but they didn't go through, added them. They didn't fix because it was so small, and not deep enough, it is really more like a scratch.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep, I just got a similar chip on my windshield yesterday as well.
More annoying than anything...I just hope it doesn't spread or grow
with cold/hot weather...:scratchhead:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Try the tiniest drop of clear nail polish. That should minimize the refraction's of the scratch making it less noticeable. If it becomes a problem for the wipers, scrape it level with a razor blade. It might still be visible but it will be much less noticeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts