Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2011 SE, and I wanted to get her washed up after the first week.
I noticed these white lines near the front of the hood, and they appear under the clear coat. I thought they were a stress mark from where someone sat on the hood or something. Think I'm going to mention this to the dealer since its rather unsightly. Rest of the paint on the car looks good. I found a minor hair line scratch on the lower rear bumper from someone walking by or something but most if it buffed out. This car as a lot of body and its pretty rough in parking spots. As anal as I am I normally park out in B.F.E. and walk, but before I mention it to the Dealer anyone see this before?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
....odd. At first glance I might sat it simply looked like residual product (wax, polish....). Can you feel anything on the surface of the paint? Can you catch your nail on those marks?

·
Registered
295 Posts
....odd. At first glance I might sat it simply looked like residual product (wax, polish....). Can you feel anything on the surface of the paint? Can you catch your nail on those marks?
My '11 had something similar on the hood and bumper, but it was just just residue like "Kean" said. it came right off with a little detailer spray.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I didn't feel anything with softly going over it with my fingernail. I was tempted to get a clay bar as I also found the hood was exposed to sap at some point.
I'll check it out again tomorrow and report back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well this evening I cleaned the surface and hit it with quick detailer. Then buffed a bit. I don't feel any imperfections in the clear coat or snags on top of it. Seems like its under it. I'll see what the dealer says. I'm sure blackberry pearl is a pain to touch up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Let us know what the dealers says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts