Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

New guy here. FYI, I've got a factory order in for an '18 CH GT.

Question: does anyone know the smallest rim diameter you can fit on a GT? 18"? 17"?

Looking to get a set of winter rims/wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2018 GT as well and I'm just going to use the stock tires and rims year round. I'm in Colorado and if it gets bad enough to where I can't get around with the AWD and the all season Michelins I'll just stay home. I drove a 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (turbo AWD) as a daily driver for 7 years and this Challenger is much better than the Eclipse in the bad weather I've been in so far. The 1500lbs. in extra weight helps. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
If the GTs have the two piston brakes (these are the R/T brakes essentially) an 18" is probably about the smallest diameter.

The base SXTs used to have single piston brakes and those were 17" wheels on those.

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
Yes, the GT uses the R/T dual piston 13.6 front / 12.6 rear vented system, minimum wheel size 18 inches.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Be careful. Just because it is 18" doesn't mean it will fit around your caliper. I know that not all 20" rims fit on the SRT's and Hellcats with the bigger front Brembros.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts