Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the smart key/start button change ?

I kinda liked the 2009 smart key: leave it in your pocket and hit a button.

Now with 2010, you plug the key in and turn. Not a big deal, but a little less convenient.

I mentioned this to the salesperson - he'd never heard of the button-start.

Did all 2009s have the button, and all 2010s converted to the key approach ?

Dave

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Um...your dealer has no clue what they are talking about, the 09-10's both had the electronic convience package OPTION, you just found 09's that were all equipped with the push button package (keyless go) and a 2010 that didn't, but it's an option, just look at it on the Dodge website.

I couldn't imagine having to turn my key anymore, push\remote start ftw!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the electronics is the same, but the keylessGo is an option. i guess your '09 had this option and your '10 doesn't. but, it is available on the 2010 challenger

·
Registered
109 Posts
MY 2010 has it. When I first looked at mine the dealer had it set up with out the button. I had done some reading and I knew it was supposed to have it. I asked the salesmen who had no clue. He said it didn't have that option, and I read it to him right off the sticker. Keyless go. He then asked and the button was in the glove box.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....research, research, research. Never rely on car salesmen to know about their own products. Especially these days with all of the information available on the internet. Sounds like this guy was either very new or wanted to sell you that particular car (playing stupid in the process). ....btw, my 2010 has it as well (it was an option I wanted).

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
My 2010 R/T classic has the keyless option. By default the button was not put on, it was in the glovebox. I used the key a couple of times just to try but then put the button in. :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
....research, research, research. Never rely on car salesmen to know about their own products. Especially these days with all of the information available on the internet. Sounds like this guy was either very new or wanted to sell you that particular car (playing stupid in the process). ....btw, my 2010 has it as well (it was an option I wanted).
I'm sure there are some cars sales people on this forum, and I'll probably piss them off, but that (in general) is a job category that could totally be eliminated IMHO.

Most of these people know little to nothing about the cars they sell. Excuse me, but you're on your ass most of the day when you're not smoking cigarettes, how about reading the sales brochures and even the owners manuals at least on the new cars you sell. I'm a little more tolerant of ignorance on used cars since they may not be a brand they're familiar with.

I'm 57, and in 40 years of buying cars, I've had one salesman that actually knew his product and could answer questions. The rest just get in the way.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I'm sure there are some cars sales people on this forum, and I'll probably piss them off, but that (in general) is a job category that could totally be eliminated IMHO.

Most of these people know little to nothing about the cars they sell. Excuse me, but you're on your ass most of the day when you're not smoking cigarettes, how about reading the sales brochures and even the owners manuals at least on the new cars you sell. I'm a little more tolerant of ignorance on used cars since they may not be a brand they're familiar with.

I'm 57, and in 40 years of buying cars, I've had one salesman that actually knew his product and could answer questions. The rest just get in the way.
....that has been my experience as well. My last three new cars I purchased through internet/fleet managers. I tell them exactly what I want and request a quote.

This shouldn't be a slam to those salesmen who actually know their stuff. I know there are some out there but most I have talked to either had no clue or provided incorrect information. In either case, knowing as much as you can before the purchase certainly can't hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts