Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the last few days i have detected a smell similar to that of overheating plastic ....i think its coming from the engine bay and coming in thru the vents. anybody had similar experiences? Ive opened the hood and took a look around and could see no smoke........but one thing i have not had a chance to do is look underneath to see if the exhaust caught a plastic bag

UPDATE....YES IT WAS A PLASTIC BAG ON THE LEFT SIDE CATALYTIC CONVERTER.... it is a phucking gooey mess that cannot be picked out, it will just have to melt thru....i could probably use some easy oven, but i am not in the mood for getting under the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Happened to me, and lasted for about 3 days. The car is so damn low that unless you have access to a lift, good luck finding evidence of a bag.

Luckily it went away, so I'm 99% sure it was one. Yours likely is too, especially if you can recall going over one like I did.

·
Registered
410 Posts
A plastic bag caught my catalytic converter on my Silverado a while back.I seen it fly in front of truck. Then started having a smelly smell that smells. Stunk to high heaven.:SM145: After a couple of days I couldn't stand it any longer so I got under there and scraped it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts