Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,454 Posts
To me it looks like shiny primer, I’m not a fan but many like my son think it’s great.
With these cars there’s a color for everyone.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
50 Posts
Can't say I dig it, looks like playdough. But I'm a much bigger fan of metallic finishes

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks kind of similar to Destroyer Gray, doesn't it? Just a little lighter... Not particularly a fan of either... Like mentioned, they remind me of primer. :)

But car colors are an extremely "personal" choice - what one person loves, another person may hate...

·
Super Moderator
15,766 Posts
light primer gray - just what we were waiting for?

A: Not!

yet buyers < 30 will flock to this color, much like Destroyer Gray. I don't get it...

even when I was that age, I was so tired of Silver then as its the generic color for European cars.

Silver metallic with black interior - talk about lack of imagination. It has been the "safe choice" for dealer inventory for 30 years now

·
Registered
21 Posts
It might be just me but I cant stand white, grey or plain black cars even silver...they are just so boring. I'm turning 40 next year and honestly, they color variety on cars these days is so Meh.

We need more high impact colors 8) but I might be bias.
20200710_200031.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
With all the awesome colors available, I believe this would be my last choice currently

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
I think it would be good as a base for some extreme graphics, but as a untouched stock model, no thanks. The name is certainly cool, and I bet that sells more than the looks. But hey, I'm "Plum Crazy" for funky paint names.
Maybe on a Scat Pack with Shakedown graphics, or a Charger with black roof, or a T/A with black panels and side name decals, I'd have to see it.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
499 Posts
Not a fan.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I actually like the Destroyer Grey, but I'm not a fan of this lighter color.
I agree...this color is noticeably lighter. Personally, I Love Destroyer Gray...I have it on my 2018. Some of the new Jeeps are available in Sting Gray, which seems much closer (if not just a hair darker) to DG than Smoke Show.

·
Super Moderator
15,766 Posts
Not sure about this color.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
this example looks like etching primer with a clear coat

·
Registered
2009 challenger RT
47 Posts
I agree with most of the previous comments, I think it would be a great base for some type of graphics. Black graphics with black wheels would be cool.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am guessing this is a non-metallic color, so i like it. I agree with the others that some matte/satin black accoutrements will really make this pop.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm twice over 30 and I quite like it. I saw photos of a wide body in that color and I'd rock one if I didn't already have a red 50th anniversary wide body.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts