Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally decided to do it.
As others have mentioned here, this stuff is stupid easy to work with.
I just masked the markers with blue tape, then covered the surrounding
area with sheets of computer paper to protect from overspray.

So, after setting up the first lens, I shot 3 even coats on the lens.
Then I moved to the second lens and masked it.
When I finished that, I came back and removed the paper and tape from the first lens. PERFECT!
I then used the same paper and masked the second lens.
Then I shot it.
Repeated on the 3rd and 4th lens.
Used the same paper for each.
The whole job took about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I'm very pleased with this job.

Pictures below:

4th lens ready to spray (you can tell the paper has been re-used)

4th lens shot

4th lens finished

Some pictures in the driveway:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks great!!! How well does the light shine thru at night???

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really crappy cell phone pictures. It kept adjusting the exposure down so I finally had to turn on some lights. It actually looks very bright.
I'll take some more pictures tomorrow night with a good camera.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks really good. I've never really experimented with Plasti-dip yet. Is this just regular black Plastidip? Or is there a particular finish or "glossifier" you used?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks really good. I've never really experimented with Plasti-dip yet. Is this just regular black Plastidip? Or is there a particular finish or "glossifier" you used?
Just regular black Plasti-dip...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good. I did mine a couple months ago with the VHT Nite Shades. They blend in perfectly with the gloss black paint. Just won't be able to peel it off like PD, but thats OK. The red and amber marker lights stuck out like sore thumb as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looks good. I did mine a couple months ago with the VHT Nite Shades. They blend in perfectly with the gloss black paint. Just won't be able to peel it off like PD, but thats OK. The red and amber marker lights stuck out like sore thumb as far as I'm concerned.
That's what they are supposed to do.:devil:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
They light up find at night, no issues and pretty much just as bright.
They are made to reflect light even when off, Red for rear amber for front, so when parked some crackhead can see how to hit it better.:yikes: I pulled them off my sportbike for the same reason! They look like :smiley35:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they also make clear side markers that you can put a couple pieces of store-bought tint over, that way the reflectors keep their shine instead of flat black which can look dull up close.

but overall i still love plastidip and clean job OP!

Thank you sir.....and a damned FINE looking ride you have there!!:woot:

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
They are made to reflect light even when off, Red for rear amber for front, so when parked some crackhead can see how to hit it better.:yikes: I pulled them off my sportbike for the same reason! They look like :smiley35:
Well if some crackhead cant see my 2 ton car 2 feet away from him, my car is doomed anyways lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts