Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
As mentioned black mixed with clear if professionally done. VHT nightshades for the shade tree mechanic :)

A Guy

Reactions: 11srt8

·
Registered
588 Posts
As mentioned black mixed with clear if professionally done. VHT nightshades for the shade tree mechanic :)

A Guy
I've used nightshades in the past and its pretty easy to use.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
I used Nightshades to tint my tail lights. I didn't black them out completely, left them a black cherry. Looks black in the shade though. Covered them in clear and polished so they shine like the originals.

Finished Shade 2.jpg

Finished Shade 3.jpg

Finished Shade Dark2.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
588 Posts
Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used Nightshades to tint my tail lights. I didn't black them out completely, left them a black cherry. Looks black in the shade though. Covered them in clear and polished so they shine like the originals.

A Guy
That looks very good!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Reactions: 11srt8 and A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
I reading I found people talking about the Nightshades not being gloss when done, fading over time, etc. So I added clear over so I could polish, and protect from fading. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
For 2014 and earlier, yes.

A Guy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up going with a $10 can of VHT Nightshade and clear on top. Pulled the lenses out which was very easy.

Did not sand because I wanted a gloss finish as opposed to matte. Time will tell how it holds up. Was going to order the tinted plastic covers, but $117 seemed like a lot of $$$ for 3 pieces of plastic.

Before/after

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Looks great :thumbsup: How are the backup lights?

A Guy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Looks great :thumbsup: How are the backup lights?

A Guy
I'm told they look fine though I haven't seen it personally.

Next up, as soon as the weather warms up (assuming it ever does) is to peel the silver rally stripes and replace with red. Just something about that combination that really 'pops' to my eye anyway.

Besides, there will be enough silver once the intercooler is visible through the grille ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Not the tail lights, your reverse back up lights ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understood what you meant. I have viewed the directional and brake lights personally in bright daylight, clearly visible. At night, very clearly visible as are the running lights. I did not personally see the center reverse lights, but a buddy of mine did and said they look fine and are clearly visible.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey I'm new here, but I've used vht on my rear tail lights, and my side markers as well. Makes the car look better in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey I'm new here, but I've used vht on my rear tail lights, and my side markers as well. Makes the car look better in my opinion.
Agree 100%. I am really an 'old school' guy, not really a fan of the 'murdered out' look in most cases but on Challengers up to 2014, the bright red tail lenses just seem out of place to me - much too 'cheery' or something. I think smoking or nightshading them makes the car look much more sinister and badazz, especially on a black car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Agree 100%. I am really an 'old school' guy, not really a fan of the 'murdered out' look in most cases but on Challengers up to 2014, the bright red tail lenses just seem out of place to me - much too 'cheery' or something. I think smoking or nightshading them makes the car look much more sinister and badazz, especially on a black car.
I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. I also think with my car in particular it gives it a meaner, almost sinister look. Especially since I've added halos on the front end. And plan on doing a phantom grill when it comes in this week. Along with my sequential tail lights I think it flows extremely well with the car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts