Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Steve Saleen Day

Meeting with Steve Saleen and our club members, "The NYC Mopar Club," at Westbury Dodge Dealer in Long Island, NY.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
What did it dyno at?
I met steve at the LX show in CA , very nice guy.
How does the hood ports work? Do they only open when the throttle is pressed. They are very cool , but dosent seem like they have a purpose.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
web site says they work .. direct air to the filter .. i just want to know how they open ... electric or vacume activated ???????

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First pull 475hp @ rear Wheel's Second 465hp tq was 4??. AS`is. Were going to retune.headers long tube, high flow cats and exhaust left what came with car from SMS. looks like flowmaster, no res.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cable? will check to make sure.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
web site says they work .. direct air to the filter .. i just want to know how they open ... electric or vacume activated ???????
Looks to me to be cable activated in this picture.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked it out and they are cable worked, NO VACUME. In cold weather one side is slugish, must work on a spring attached to cable. It is ducted through the hood for intake which both sides are channeled to over the filter. Does it work? It Might, I say this because if your doing 65mph, air going by or past those butterfly's would create suction pulling the air out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts