Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner of A SMS Challenger 2010, Found there is another car in another state with the same number. Called SMS about this and outher issues and said they will re-number other car. Searching more into this, found two more cars with the same #, same year, diffrient Vin. Now i'm Pissed. Any one know of this? Thanks:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hummm Kinda odd dig into this some more.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Owner of A SMS Challenger 2010, Found there is another car in another state with the same number. Called SMS about this and outher issues and said they will re-number other car. Searching more into this, found two more cars with the same #, same year, diffrient Vin. Now i'm Pissed. Any one know of this? Thanks:scratchhead:
Don't hold your breath waiting for Steve Saleen to renumber any cars. SMS obviously went the cheap route and had one placard made for all Challenger conversions.

[sarcasm]SMS isn't charging enough for customers to expect a high quality product. Do you really expect to get a unique number for your car?[/sarcasm]

·
Banned
928 Posts
that really sucks. Can't say as I'm suprised though

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I guess SMS owners are getting took in more way than one

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like "FRAUD'' to me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hummm Kinda odd dig into this some more.

OH I'm diging into this one. locating so far 15 cars, where there at and there number's and how many of same.:pimp:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That is not cool with the price those cars carry. For being one of the most expensive "tuner" companies that do Challengers that would be inexcusable in my opinion.

·
Registered
879 Posts
That is not cool with the price those cars carry. For being one of the most expensive "tuner" companies that do Challengers that would be inexcusable in my opinion.
I totally agree, not very professional on SMS's part, but very cool cars. I love the butterfly hoods.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I totally agree, not very professional on SMS's part, but very cool cars. I love the butterfly hoods.
You can buy the butterfly hood for $1600 as a stand alone piece from SMS. Not bad IMO for a cool hood with some MOPAR nostalgia

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I would report this to my state attorney general's office - it could very possibly be considered fraud. Good luck with that - and I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You can buy the butterfly hood for $1600 as a stand alone piece from SMS. Not bad IMO for a cool hood with some MOPAR nostalgia
I was considering putting one on my IE down the road but only if the linkage is strictly bolt on and requires no midification of the original throttle linkage.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Good to know. Yes a very cool piece indeed!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Wow.... I would raise hell about this.
I am starting to hate this Saleen guy more and more I read about his crap.
Give it back to him and buy the Hurst which is Top Dog in every department anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's a couple of SMS Challengers for sale at this dealership:
Sacramento & Folsom Avenger, Challenger, Durango, Sprinter, or Ram 1500
Checked it out it's a #13 CAR thanks for info. Looking for the two #20's One Is New other is USED. Found them before, which when I mentioned there were two #20 they assured me they dont exist. Rancho Chrysler Jeep Dodge had one and E-Bay Tomball Dodge and recently showing up on YAKAZ CARS. That will be some one else's problem ? hope not! hope they see this article.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It appears that the TWO # 20's that I found and proved to my dealer,and informed Mr. Saleen, Found that one # 20 is being renumbered as #29 as the literature shows, and number was changed on bumper but NOT on the dash PLATE. Must be waiting for the new plate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts