Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SMS Challenger: who needs a Hellcat anyway?

Anyone seen one of these in person or perhaps own one? I love the butterfly hood and the retro GTX look! I wish Dodge offered this color as well...

·
Registered
307 Posts
yes I've seen one like this..but it was silver...its been at a few car shows..here in Michigan..

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
A guy here in Central Ohio, in our car club had a blue one built #20 I believe.... He just sold it though. There are three in Ohio and I thought he said that was the most in one state. I think he said that at the Mopar Nationals here in Columbus there was #19, 20, and 21... on of those three was from Michigan.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always associated Saleen with Mustangs but thought their take on the Challenger was a damn good one. If I had the cash, that's the route I would go for a high end modern MOPAR right now. What Hellcat?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I always associated Saleen with Mustangs but thought their take on the Challenger was a damn good one. If I had the cash, that's the route I would go for a high end modern MOPAR right now. What Hellcat?
It's the same Saleen as the Mustangs that were so awesome in the 80's and 90's but by the time these started rolling out, the company was a sad shell of what it had been. Are they even still in business?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
It's a cool look unfortunately the quality and service does not match with the looks. Not a good reputation with Saleen.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the same Saleen as the Mustangs that were so awesome in the 80's and 90's but by the time these started rolling out, the company was a sad shell of what it had been. Are they even still in business?
Oh yeah, in fact Steve Saleen recently got his naming rights back and is back in charge of everything.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
A fellow club member here in Southern Cali has a canary yellow one. Bad Ass.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
It's a cool look unfortunately the quality and service does not match with the looks. Not a good reputation with Saleen.

I know that the one guy in our club had to have the car repainted twice by them.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
There's an orange one here in Austin that I see from time to time. I saw it the first time and knew I had to have that rear spoiler, love the way that it mirrors the rear bumper.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My window sticker says built for SMS INC. Or something to that matter. The dealer I bought from was the car provider to SMS. They didnt want the 2011 when they found out it could not be tuned. It came as a R/T 6spd with only 20" wheels, Toxic orange and sunroof as options. Spoiler was ordered deleated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I ever replace my front clip, it'll be one of those.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My window sticker says built for SMS INC. Or something to that matter. The dealer I bought from was the car provider to SMS. They didnt want the 2011 when they found out it could not be tuned. It came as a R/T 6spd with only 20" wheels, Toxic orange and sunroof as options. Spoiler was ordered deleated.

Yours is more rare than the cars that got converted. That's pretty cool.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have seen these in silver, blue and yellow. They look good in person and the R/T versions start at $39k and they go up from there.....way up! lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
They look cool, there was one for sale here in nc, cant remember the serial number. It was black, the sms panels were painted a different shade of black and there were huge panel gaps. They were selling it for around 45k with about 8k miles.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts