Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People, can someone try to help me this is my first time on these forums I have installed an SMS 296 superchrger on my 2008 6.1 Hemi 300C the supercharger has a fairly loud almost like a diesel running noise to it is this normal? other thing is what is the best tune that I can purchase off the shelf for this please?

would really appreciate any help

cheers Jason (New Zealand)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
is there oil in it?

also i hope you didn't start this with the supercharger on it with out some sort of custom start up tune otherwise you are going to royally screw stuff up in a hurry

there is no STANDARD tunes for them. you will have to get custom tune from someone like ost dyno ( mike ) or petty garage ect.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,581 Posts
Usually supercharger kits come with a base tune, well at least the Edelbrock and Magnuson ones do. And those base tunes assume the car is stock except for the SC.

When you say diesel noise...do you mean a knocking sound? If so, DO NOT run the car as you are getting massive detonation which will kill your stock pistons. Like us1champ suggests your best option would be to reach out to either local or online Hemi tuners. I went through Arrington but I believe Diablo and HP tuners offer custom tunes as well. I thought I read somewhere that Arrington used Petty garage...not sure.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Those SMS blowers are quite old by now. It may need a service rebuild if it has a lot of miles on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts