Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on ordering a car? Better act NOW, because Chrysler has been sneakily increasing prices on some things without announcing it.

Just a couple weeks ago, I had priced a new 2011 Challenger SRT. Here are a couple items that have changed in just the past couple weeks.

The 20" WPA wheels were a no-cost swap for the standard SRT wheels. Today, they are now a $250(MSRP) option.

The 730N Media Center was $590 (MSRP) on 1/20/2011. Today, it is now $790.

So my "waiting" a month or so has now cost me an addtional $450! Now that is what the "true" meaning of MOPAR BUCKS really is. :disgust:

JFF

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The disclaimer on Dodge.com states that pricing is subject to change.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Blah, blah, blah. Stupid lawyers make em say that. They should keep their @#$! website CURRENT is what I say.

Still "sneaky" to me.

JFF
Heck they have a hard enough time just getting thier 2011 Challenger info posted to the website, it's only been up less than a week and the cars are already at the dealerships.

·
Registered
160 Posts
what I don't understand is that last year the R/T's came with auto transmissions standard and almost $1000 for the manual - this year the autos cost almost $1000 more - what gives?

·
Registered
653 Posts
There was a thread a week or two ago warning us of the WPA price increase. If they really want to charge us that much for the 730N voice control then they REALLY should be giving us the Garmin navigation, not the outdated one they've been using for the past 3 model years.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How is that sneaky? You didn't honestly think that when Ben Bernanke printed 2 trillion dollars that prices would fall did you?

I bought my Challenger last week so I can pay it off later with depreciated inflated dollars just like uncle sam! :browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
How is that sneaky? You didn't honestly think that when Ben Bernanke printed 2 trillion dollars that prices would fall did you?

I bought my Challenger last week so I can pay it off later with depreciated inflated dollars just like uncle sam! :browsmiley:
That pretty much sums it up.

I know that when we were looking to buy a 300c during most of 2008-09 the the prices increased on the 2008's 3 times.
As I looked on line I would print the window stickers and by the end of 08 I had 3 different base prices and 3 different destination charges. In fact I was often able to find identical cars sitting on the same lot, with the exact same options for 2, or sometimes 3 different prices. I would try to deal for the one with the lowest price, and then ask them to honor it on the one with the higher price & same features I wanted. In the end we waited and bought an 09 instead. I'm not sure if the 09's pricing changed as often, or at all... I know I had early 08's with $625 shipping, and late 08's with $725 shipping.(yr of the big Gas spike) And my Mopar'10 was only up to $750 shipping by late 2010... so at least shipping remained stable during 09-10.

But since the fed is now printing money faster than they can make the paper... nothing is going to get cheaper anytime soon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
what I don't understand is that last year the R/T's came with auto transmissions standard and almost $1000 for the manual - this year the autos cost almost $1000 more - what gives?
Pardon the pun, but after "sticking" it to the wrong group for the last 3 years, they finally got it right. There's a reason the term "standard" has been used synonymously for decades with the term "manual" when referring to a transmission. I personally appreciate the return to the convention of the manual being the "standard" for these cars.

My guess was that the Chrysler bean counters finally figured out that more of you wanted the automatics, so they finally had the sales numbers to justify charging for them: just like they do with ALL the other cars they produce...........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exactly the opposite in Canada !!

As last year, 6 speed on 2011's is $2000 more than automatic, at
least on current build your own site.

Pricing seems arbitrary to a large degree.

Whats even better, freight we pay in Toronto (or nearby Brampton)
is about $1400 as opposed to what, about $700 to ship to Texas or
California? Hehe.

Price is as market will bear

·
Registered
460 Posts
Blah, blah, blah. Stupid lawyers make em say that. They should keep their @#$! website CURRENT is what I say.

Still "sneaky" to me.

JFF
How is that "not current" or "sneaky"? They decided to raise their prices and updated their website to reflect it. It's not a hidden charge they squirred away in there that you'd never find but still be paying for.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is that "not current" or "sneaky"? They decided to raise their prices and updated their website to reflect it. It's not a hidden charge they squirred away in there that you'd never find but still be paying for.
I think you are misunderstanding me. Currently the Dodge website shows the 730N at $590. Also a pending POC I had my dealer give me last week for another car also showed it at $590.

Today I ordered a different car for myself and it now is showing and selling for $790 on Dealer Connect.

Meanwhile the website still shows it as $590.

JFF

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think you are misunderstanding me. Currently the Dodge website shows the 730N at $590. Also a pending POC I had my dealer give me last week for another car also showed it at $590.

Today I ordered a different car for myself and it now is showing and selling for $790 on Dealer Connect.

Meanwhile the website still shows it as $590.

JFF
Ah, yes...I gotcha now. I agree, they should have updated their website. You could always place the order and then call and complain that their option prices don't match the website. Some companies will make the difference right with you (happened with me and Dell a few years back) but I have no idea about a car company in the current economy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ah, yes...I gotcha now. I agree, they should have updated their website. You could always place the order and then call and complain that their option prices don't match the website. Some companies will make the difference right with you (happened with me and Dell a few years back) but I have no idea about a car company in the current economy.
That's true. Happened when my Dad bought an NSX way back in '90 when they first came out. The dealer printed him an order of $63,000 and then MSRP went up to $80,000 when they got it in. He kicked up a fuss and the dealer gave him the original price. He drove it for about 3 months and ended up selling to a broker who sent it to Japan (does that make it an import for the new owner?) and he got more than he paid in the first place. I'd say that's pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts