Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2013 R/T in June so i haven't had to deal with snow yet. Is there any advice for what I can do to gain more traction. Also I live in NYC snow chains are illegal. :bump:

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
What tires are you currently running? I have the stock all seasons and between that and STAYING OFF THE THROTTLE, I did alright in the passes here in Washington. Though my squiggly line light came on often even being nice to the accelerator pedal. NY seems to get more snow than we do here though so maybe look into a good winter tire (expensive route). I myself HATE snow chains so yeah I chose to take it easy when accelerating and giving myself plenty of room for stopping. Then I repeatedly fought the urge to HIT IT when the local kids tried to get me to go with their suburus (huge out here). Other than that, good luck friend.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a spare set of factory rims with a good set of snow tires on them. I get thru the winter with out any problems and honestly my Challenger gets around way better then my Ford Focus ever did in the snow.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I put on a set of 18" Dodge Police wheels with snow tires. No problem at all getting around Toronto in the snow with this set up.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my 2013 R/T Blacktop with the 20" wheels and F1 tires and was told to get winter tires or risk driving the equivalent of ice on ice. I ended up getting a set of 18" Moda wheels and Blizzak winter performance tires for the same as a set of 20" winter tires from Tirerack.com ($1200 after tax and delivery with tires and wheels)!!! I figured this way i have summer tires and wheels and winter tires and wheels for the best traction and it protects my 20" expensive wheels from the salt.

Will F

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Blacktop

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
I got my 2013 R/T Blacktop with the 20" wheels and F1 tires and was told to get winter tires or risk driving the equivalent of ice on ice. I ended up getting a set of 18" Moda wheels and Blizzak winter performance tires for the same as a set of 20" winter tires from Tirerack.com ($1200 after tax and delivery with tires and wheels)!!! I figured this way i have summer tires and wheels and winter tires and wheels for the best traction and it protects my 20" expensive wheels from the salt.Will F. 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Blacktop
I agree, Blizzaks are the way to go if you intend to drive your Challenger in the snow.

Mine stays put in bad weather, however. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts