Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SXT Plus
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in New Jersey. Down south so our winters vary.

Have not had a RWD in forever.

So I was contemplating Snow tires and maybe a package with the rims.

Any affordable suggestions just to use for the season?

As always all input is appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bought some Touren TR60s from eBay for $590 and put some Blizzaks from Tire Rack on them in 2015 (whichever model was on sale/clearance that year).
I went with the 18" because they would be cheaper and 18" size fits as stock on SXT model (my plus has 20").
I had the local HS install the TPMS and tires on the rims at the time. It gave them some experience, and it was free to me.
I was going to go with steel rims, but the wife said they had to look cool. I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
7,309 Posts
I had Firestone Winterforce tires on my 2009 R/T and they were excellent winter tires. And they're not that expensive (now about $110 each). Make sure you buy four.

I got mine studded (because of the steep hill to work), but even non-studded they will grip in the snow/ice. I had used an extra set of stock OEM R/T wheels.

·
Registered
162 Posts
wish that the bolt pattern was the same as my old BMW... I have wheels with one season Nokian Hakka's studded for sale right now. Things are amazing in the snow, ice.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Hi, I live in Northern New Jersey on top of the Ramapo Mts.. I can tell you what I did and it worked out very well for me. I bought a set of stock Dodge Rims (18"x4) off of Craigslist and installed Michelin X-Ice X13's (225-60-18). My car did come with 245-45-20's. I run a full tank of gas. I had no issues at all with snow or ice up to 9 inches, after that the car is lifting from the snow. I like the Michelin of the Bridgestone Blizzaks because they are quieter. You can't go wrong with either one. Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 is another snow tire (non studded) that is excellent. Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts