Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just purchased a 2017 Chally RT+ Blacktop with Super Track Pack. I currently live in Texas, but will be moving to Rhode Island this January. I have the Super Track Pack 20" rims and summer tires on it, so that will not cut it for the winter up there at all. My question is, do I go with a cheap 18" ris and all weather tire, or go directly to snow tires? I want to keep the Blacktop rim/tire combos for summer, but I do not want to get a "cop car" steel rim for winter, that is ugly as hell. Anyone in Southern New England have any experience with this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I run snow tires on mine in the winter. I drove around last year in a foot or so of snow without incident. I dont think all seasons on our cars could do that.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
You can probably find a set of 18" SXT take offs and run the OEM 235/55-18 size on those. There were also the 18" wheels that were used on the '09 - '14 models that are a different 5 spoke style from the '15+ SXT wheels.

The Blizzaks have been around for years and made for driving in snow. In warmer temps, they'd wear faster, so switch back to your 20" when conditions warrant that.

Reactions: Mopar Ernie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello All,

I just purchased a 2017 Chally RT+ Blacktop with Super Track Pack. I currently live in Texas, but will be moving to Rhode Island this January. I have the Super Track Pack 20" rims and summer tires on it, so that will not cut it for the winter up there at all. My question is, do I go with a cheap 18" ris and all weather tire, or go directly to snow tires? I want to keep the Blacktop rim/tire combos for summer, but I do not want to get a "cop car" steel rim for winter, that is ugly as hell. Anyone in Southern New England have any experience with this?

Hey...I must disagree with you on that ugly as hell comment :grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
You do not want all-season tires. They are not adequate for daily driving where there is snow and/or ice. The only thing they are actually good at is driving in cold dry weather where a real winter tire will still be better.. You want a dedicated winter tire such as suggested by others here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All Season Tires

+1 on all seasons...no bueno...they are the pull out couch of tires...ie: not a good couch or a good bed lol. Also cop rims look nice and nearly impossible to curb rash. True snows in 235/55/18 on cop steelies are great! If you're feeling randy, pick up some baldy caps too! got my rims from dealer $80 each CDN so maybe $40 USD lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok, I got 4 police wheels, I'm guessing don't use the lug nuts that came with the R/T, order lug nuts from dodge or get them from somewhere else?

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
You can use your R/T lug nuts you just won't be able to use the little police hub caps, those caps require the special lug nuts to secure.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts