Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Snowed In

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  NYCSRTATE 
#1 ·
My 2010 Black on Black SRT8 is under there.We got 20" in less than 10 hrs.:( But,it started right up!:thumbsup:Anybody else get wacked??

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! We got snow down here in Georgia but not that much! My rides have been in the warm garage for 3 days now. They like the warm.

#3 ·
I'am in Northeastern Maryland we only got about 5 inches last storm. You guys in New York and Boston are getting smacked like we did last winter. I think we got a total of about 76 inches of snow in my area last year. My Challenger is also in my garage, I have a 87 Toyota I drive in bad weather here. Take care all

#4 ·
Also from NY, we got hammered as well. My baby is inside though.

#5 ·
hey tony where in ny are u? Im in westchester but i didn't get that much snow. My baby is hiding in the garage as well, waiting anxiously for the spring like me!!

#7 ·
Eastern Long Island.To my surprise,the car does very well in snow.Yes,it is my daily driver.:)

#16 ·
Good Question

What is that car doing outside????? I would never own a nice car without a garage, carport or storage unit.

WOW
I presently have no more room in my garage(See below).So I rotate my cars in & out.:notallthere: You guessed it:(It was the Challengers turn to be outside:scratchhead:

Attachments

#9 ·
Here in north Jersey we only got about 8", they predicted a lot more. We got hit way harder on the day after Christmas blizzard. Don't have my baby yet but when I do she's going in the garage every night.

#12 ·
I'm in western CT and got hit with 18". Challenger is under a cover in my carport but the wind blew snow all over it :(.

#18 ·
All is well

Dang, Tony!! Hope all is as good as can be expected in NY.

HemiSam
I guess this answers the question on "How well does a Supercharged car with 500+rwhp do in cold weather?" It has been dropping down to 6* over night & it starts right up in the morning.Tracks well in the snow(Very very easy on the gas) & at times has become a snow plow.Luckily,I only lowered my car 1'' overall.
My biggest non supercharger related problem is the doors & glass freezing shut.But now the night before I spray some windshield deicer on the seams & all is well the next morning.:)

#17 ·
I think 38.5" in Savoy MA (up in the Berkshires) was the record for this storm.

I have to laugh though, we got 4-5" here outside Atlanta (which promptly turned to ice), and today was the first time all week I've been able to get out of the house. The city has been shut down as GDOT tried to clean up an area as large as the whole state of MA with 150 trucks. Needless to say, it didn't go well.

#22 ·
Wow thats hard to look at!

Im in NY also, lower to be exact and we also got hammered like that, im going on my 3rd week of ownership of my SRT8 and I have driven it once, when I picked it up from the dealer it went right into the garage and I have not driven it since.

I really hate snow at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.