Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw fast freight's snowy challenger. I thought I'd post mine. For those of us without garages, our girls have to weather the elements the best they can.

I drover her home on Thursday night from the airport at 11:30 p.m. and covered her up. The snow came about 6 hour later and we have been hitting lows of 2 degrees F. at night, and highs of 25 degrees F during the day. It's a bit chilly.

BTW, the duct tape solved the issue of a cat that mistook my car cover for a scratching post. It also works as a disguise when it's in the airport parking lot. Nothing special under here ...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fort Worth, Texas. Actually got worse the next day. No snow, just ice in form of sleet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my car from Bob Frederick on Dec 4th, 2009..left his shop at 12:15 am the next day..when we open the garage door, we were face to face with a nor easter bkizzard..i drove home from Ohio to New Jersey that night..took 9 hours..and was the most fun I ever had..and have enjoyed many a snow traveled road since..my wife always freaks out when i drive in snow..she says..that car isnt made for the snow..and i reply..the car is an extension of me..and I wasnt born in boston to be staying indoors on a snow day..

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#photo/cudaarman/5424869171944431265/5424869238808020786

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I saw fast freight's snowy challenger. I thought I'd post mine. For those of us without garages, our girls have to weather the elements the best they can.

I drover her home on Thursday night from the airport at 11:30 p.m. and covered her up. The snow came about 6 hour later and we have been hitting lows of 2 degrees F. at night, and highs of 25 degrees F during the day. It's a bit chilly.

BTW, the duct tape solved the issue of a cat that mistook my car cover for a scratching post. It also works as a disguise when it's in the airport parking lot. Nothing special under here ...

Dude, where did you get this car cover!?! I really really really need one. I just moved to west TX and this snow & crap is killing me. Please let me know.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mopar Challenger Car Cover

Hey Hellride,

It is the Mopar Challenger Cover, the part number is

82211328AB

I actually picked it from a fellow forum member. It apparently came with his SRT, but as he has a garage, he did not need the cover, so he sold it to me for my RT. It fits the Challenger like a glove, just slips right no and hugs it nice. I had another cover I purchased from Carquest or some other local place, and it was a hassle. This one is custom for the challenger.

There are other customer covers as well, but this is the only one I have experience with. It's not 100% moisture proof, but still protects it from the sun and rain and snow. If one is looking for over-winter storage then I suspect a rain proof one may be an option.

However, this one has been good for me.

It retails for north of $300, so finding one on ebay or from another user on this form may be a way to go. I see this one currently on ebay for another 20 hours or so, which has never been removed from the box. The tag on the top of the box is exactly like the tag on my box (which I cutout and saved in my Challenger folder, including the 2008 date on it):

New Dodge Challenger Mopar Car Cover 2008 2014 82211328AB | eBay

·
Super Moderator
13,700 Posts
I have tried two Covercraft custom car covers- the Weathershield HP and the Noah. The Weathershield was a super light high tech fabric that, unfortunately, only lasted two years. It really flapped bad in the wind and eventually ripped. I am presently using the Noah cover. It is much heavier and is stable on windy days. Comparing the two, I would buy another Noah cover. It also costs less than the $325 Weathershield.

Here is a link to a comparison chart to help you decide on a cover.

Car Cover Material Comparison Chart | The Cover Store

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...just out today for "sno-pix"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...the first pix was taken in my neighbors drive, this one was taken a block away from home...I drove slow

Attachments

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
JS29R0B...What wheels are those if you don't mind me asking, I really like the looks of them.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...the wheels are Cragar S/S...I think they are style 610-C...I've had them on all 3 different Challenger SRTs

...the pictures were just taken with my IPAD, doesn't allow for much editing...Thanx for the nice comments

...I love to shoot cars in the snow and my neighbors driveway has been the setting for lots of different cars, I only have to back about 40 feet across the street

...took this of my HURST a couple of winters ago, same driveway

Attachments

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
JS29R0B, those are some beautiful pics of a beautiful ride!

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Yea, I remember snow. Detroit, @1972, 10 below, winds from the north a 300 mph, snow drifts over my head and my 340 Cuda going to work. Never again.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts