Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I am currently looking into purchasing a Challenger R/T. I test drove a 2012 Challenger and came away impressed. I have a couple questions, however, before I make a purchase

1) Will the Scat Pack work for Challengers that are older than 2014?
2) Brochures for the Scat Pack mentions a flat bottom steering wheel. Can the steering wheel be purchased seperately or is there a "scat pack" edition of the Challenger that is coming out?
3) Is the track pack worth it? The Challenger I test drove was a "classic." The track pack seems to be a cheap option and so I will keep looking if it is worth the effort.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to review and answer my questions.:thanks:

·
Registered
332 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum from IL.

Sorry, I haven't kept up on the new options coming out, so I can't answer you Scat Pack questions. However I can answer for the Super Track Pack. Yes it is worth it. I have driven both and the STP is the way to go. STP cars use different springs and dampers and handling is more firm, solid, and sit about an inch lower. Performance Steering w/Variable Displacement Pump and heavier duty brake pads as well as 245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires.

Do a search on here and you will find all the info you could possibly imagine.......

Reactions: DTru

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
The SCAT PAC has always been available...

...In the form of Mopar CAI, 392 Headers, 392 CAM's etc. Now Dodge is making 5.7 options with those...and a "Bee Badge/Stripe," available in factory ordered cars. As far as TRAC PAC...yes, well worth it..and cheap. If you get the TRAC PAC...get the 20" wheels.

I plan on placing a "Bee Badge" on my 6.4. Why? Because I can (my car will be a SCAT 4). The SCAT 3 will be a great alternative to the 6.4 SRT. Prices will not be cheap. They may offer unique paint schemes and "shaker hoods." Sounds like a good alternative to me.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
From their website:

Super Track Pak

Drive the Challenger how it was meant to be driven with handling that takes you to the edge. The Super Track Pak, available on Challenger R/T, comes with performance-tuned steering, a stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, Goodyear Eagle® Supercar® tires and three-mode Electronic Stability Control (ESC)+ that can be completely deactivated for the ultimate track experience.

http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/performance/

The steering wheel is the SRT version. I think they are over $350!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I am going to guess 15, 30, and 45. The mustang has similar power upgrade as scat pack 1 from ford racing that gains 16 hp. On horsepower tv, a new camshaft increased power on a 5.7 hemi by 31 hp. I can see ported heads and headers gaining at least 45 hp.

I am hopeful that the scat pack will be around 20, 40, and 60. That would at least get the r/t close to 500 hp.

By big concern w/the scat pack is it won't be cost effective in light of the srt core. In addition, I have not heard whether the scat packs void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts