Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Apparently they can't find an "issue" with the rear, but now the motor mounts?

VERY pissed off. So I got a call back from the NEW Dealership I took my Challenger to. They magically can't hear the constant howling that pisses off everyone in the rear seat and passengers. On-top of that apparently my motors mounts at just 54k are broken? How does that even HAPPEN? Does anything in this car NOT break?

Please advise me on what to do, it is under EXTENDED warranty (200$) but what the hell? This is a first year 08 SRT-8 Challenger 6.1l. Wouldn't I actually NOTICE if a motor mount was broken on a big 6.1l V-8 car that I drive 24\7 with vibrations or something else?

I am about tired of loving this car for it's styling and the HEMI as everything else is pissing me off big time. Take it in for one issue, oh, thats not an issue, here is your OTHER issues. :pillepalle:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Tons of bad dealers ships out there.... go take it to someone you can trust and let them inspect the situation first!!!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
We've been used! :icon_lol: I think the OP is just frustrated and needs to vent. FWIW I couldn't feel my own cracked motor mount and it was replaced under warranty so it's not like they made it up. I drove that Charger hard.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Broken engine mount would likely cause the motor to sit funny causing stress in the driveline amplifying other noises and issues?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Broken engine mount would likely cause the motor to sit funny causing stress in the driveline amplifying other noises and issues?

>>>I would think so sounds logical to me specially if you drive it hard!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If my car had half the problems of the OP's, I would have traded it in a loooong time ago.

>>>If I get A ding I would trade it in a heart beat lol my car does not even have a swirl mark let alone a scratch lmfao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts