Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I was dropping by a local dealer in Ohio to see if they had any cars in Hellraisin & I ran across this gem. As soon as I seen it I knew what it was. This is a 1 of 100 made, (90 for the US & 10 for Canada) "Mopar 19' ". I couldn't believe it really when I seen it. It has a little bit of a story but its mostly the guy that owns it is $23,000 upside down on it! Wow. 200 miles... wow. They can't put it on there showroom floor because it's not their car & the guy is where he's at on it. It's crazy to see it out like it is. That will be a collector's car. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
202 Posts
Got a link to the sale or at least let us know which dealership "has it"?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a link to the sale or at least let us know which dealership "has it"?

Its mark potter dodge in Ohio. It's not on there books because they person that owns it... well its complicated to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
202 Posts
Its mark potter dodge in Ohio. It's not on there books because they person that owns it... well its complicated to say the least.

Gotcha, I was just hoping to see what it was listed at and what not. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Maybe a collector car some day -- probably a long long time from now -- but right now the guy is $23K upside down. Ouch.

That car ain't get any more valuable sitting. He needs to get it sold ASAP.

Surprised dealer can't put the car on its showroom. If there's money to be made generally dealers will do anything (legal!). But it looks like it is right outside the main entrance. Nearly just as good. Has the dealer taken the car in on assignment?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Gotcha, I was just hoping to see what it was listed at and what not. Thanks.

Np yeah it was still crazy to see in person. I'm calling them about it today.

Has spelling and grammar gotten complicated as well?
:rolleyes:
Lmao to be honest after I rolled off your ol lady my mined want really work as like it should.

Didn't really Proof read it I was Multi tasking

What makes this car so rare exactly?

This may help lol.

Maybe a collector car some day -- probably a long long time from now -- but right now the guy is $23K upside down. Ouch.

That car ain't get any more valuable sitting. He needs to get it sold ASAP.

Surprised dealer can't put the car on its showroom. If there's money to be made generally dealers will do anything (legal!). But it looks like it is right outside the main entrance. Nearly just as good. Has the dealer taken the car in on assignment?
O I agree fully.

That's the exact question I asked them when I seen it sitting outside & not on there show room floor. Smh. To them it's just a used car that they don't exactly own. I've never met a salesman that actually cared about cars but that's not to say there not out there.

It was a gorgeous car in person & I'm usually not a big strips fan (other then Bill murray lol) but the way this car was designed looks great to me.

It just goes to show how vinyl stripes can add that special touch. Although now I want hood pins. :unsure:
Lol I know what u mean but I think the scat pack bee is different. Below it there isn't a 392 or a 6.4... there's nothing. I don't look inside of it as well so there may be some other things. It's on of those cars that I've never did a lot of research on because I figured I would never see one truthfully.

Has spelling and grammar gotten complicated as well?
:rolleyes:
Lol yeah I should have read that b4 I sent it lol my bad. . I was a little excited & talking to my phone.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,986 Posts
So I was dropping by a local dealer in Ohio to see if they had any cars in Hellraisin & I ran across this gem. As soon as I seen it I knew what it was. This is a 1 of 100 made, (90 for the US & 10 for Canada) "Mopar 19' ". I couldn't believe it really when I seen it. It has a little bit of a story but its mostly the guy that owns it is $23,000 upside down on it! Wow. 200 miles... wow. They can't put it on there showroom floor because it's not there car & they guy is where he's at on it. It's crazy to see it out like it is. That will be a collectors car. Maybe one day.
I love it, but man, how do you get $23K upside down in a year or so? With no miles assume it is worth about 80% of what he paid? And obviously payments drop down what he owes, so unless he paid something stooooopid like $15K-$25K over MSRP just to get it new, I don't get it at all. And if he is upside down that much, it obviously isn't worth a lot, probably not much more than a non MOPAR with same equipment, figure a couple thou premium, no more.
PLUS, if it is sitting there, he must either be broke, or wanting something else, probably even nicer. Interesting.
But I do like it, I think that was the only way to get factory blue stripes, and I always love me some Shakedown.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,986 Posts
Yeah I really wish I would have looked more & I plan on doing so today sometime. It's about an hr away from me but I have to drive that way anyway.

Snap a couple more pics, and if you can get a price, if you can get the VIN, all the better (but only send it to me, nobody else ;-) )

Reactions: INK

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love it, but man, how do you get $23K upside down in a year or so? With no miles assume it is worth about 80% of what he paid? And obviously payments drop down what he owes, so unless he paid something stooooopid like $15K-$25K over MSRP just to get it new, I don't get it at all. And if he is upside down that much, it obviously isn't worth a lot, probably not much more than a non MOPAR with same equipment, figure a couple thou premium, no more.
PLUS, if it is sitting there, he must either be broke, or wanting something else, probably even nicer. Interesting.
But I do like it, I think that was the only way to get factory blue stripes, and I always love me some Shakedown.
I know right! Lol I almost chocked when he told me what was going on with the car but he didn't get to far into it because the salesman didn't care. I think it is gorgeous but I wouldn't take it over mine. But yes it is very gorgeous. Woof

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
So he wants someone to come along and pay the 23k that he is upside down on it plus the rest he owes? I'll give him 23k for it and he can work out a deal to "short sell it" through the bank. I want a white Challenger as I already have a red and a blue one. Really want a G/T for the winter but that one will be fine for a work beater, and cheaper too.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Mark PORTER Dodge by the way, not Potter for those of you looking...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mark PORTER Dodge by the way, not Potter for those of you looking...
Lol yeah again wants paying attention. He's right. Thay are a ok dealer but don't ask them if they have a SRT white oil filter because they think they all are SRT oil filters.

So he wants someone to come along and pay the 23k that he is upside down on it plus the rest he owes? I'll give him 23k for it and he can work out a deal to "short sell it" through the bank. I want a white Challenger as I already have a red and a blue one. Really want a G/T for the winter but that one will be fine for a work beater, and cheaper too.
Lmao a 1 or 100 car as a better... priceless.

Yeah I already have a challenger so I didn't really care how the guy was getting he money at that point. I Just didn't get how he was that upside down. It's crazy with what it is, how may miles, how old it is & be 23k upside down. Wow! Bad decisions kids bad decisions.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts
Lmao a 1 or 100 car as a better... priceless.

Yeah I already have a challenger so I didn't really care how the guy was getting he money at that point. I Just didn't get how he was that upside down. It's crazy with what it is, how may miles, how old it is & be 23k upside down. Wow! Bad decisions kids bad decisions.

Current owner must have paid $10,000 over sticker AND had $13,000 in negative equity at purchase time, all along with a 14.99 APR, further enhancing his inability to whittle down the loan amount.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts