Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,843 Posts
I would be surprised if the 2015+ tail light assemblies actually bolted up on the trunk lid of a 2010 Challenger, very surprised. But even if they will, the LED bulbs in the 2015 assembly will confuse the 2010’s BCM (or is it FCM?) and result in the hyper-flash condition whenever the turn signals are used.

4-6 ohm resistors could be wired inline with the wiring harness to mitigate the hyper-flash, but i don’t know how many would be required since there are multiple bulbs in the taillight assembly. It could be one per side or 2 or 3, I just don’t know for sure.

But that’s assuming they will bolt up in the 2010, which isn’t likely IMHO.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ive had the Vland lights. I actually like them better than the 15 lights. Colors are brighter. Nice pieces and easy to install. You can get them with the sequential turns also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive had the Vland lights. I actually like them better than the 15 lights. Colors are brighter. Nice pieces and easy to install. You can get them with the sequential turns also.
i took a look at them and they look really nice . Could you post some pictures of it in daytime

·
Registered
662 Posts
i took a look at them and they look really nice . Could you post some pictures of it in daytime
I sold mine. I swapped my whole car to 15 and couldnt modify the harness because of the bcm. Next time i see the guy i sold them to ill get pics. I bought the package, headlights and taillights with sequential turns. Nice pieces tho. Would recommend them. Bought a set of Vland RGB headlights for 15 and up and put them in today. You can go to the build section and see them. Look for 2011 sxt to 2015 rt swap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know for sure that I’m swapping out the front to the 2015+ model but those VLAND tail lights do look awesome. Another question , is just gonna be plug n play or do I have to do wiring work ?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Its plug and play for the most part. Just the electric trunk release button if you have it needs to be cut off old plug and put on the new plug. They are made to fit the rear also. The 15's are rounded instead of sharpe angle so they have a gap in the older cars. If your planning on buying the headlights i suggest you buy the combo on ebay. Thats where i got mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
They're good looking lights. I think it would cool if someone made some that make the both of both style of the Challenger tail lights. A Full length outer LED glow, with the two inner lights on each side being for turn signals/sequentials and then the middle being for the reverse light.

·
Registered
662 Posts
They're good looking lights. I think it would cool if someone made some that make the both of both style of the Challenger tail lights. A Full length outer LED glow, with the two inner lights on each side being for turn signals/sequentials and then the middle being for the reverse light.
The lights in the pics above are suppose to do that. I just didnt like the look and unhooked the inner lights so only the outer lights are the turns. Centers are still brake and reverse

·
Registered
91 Posts
The lights in the pics above are suppose to do that. I just didnt like the look and unhooked the inner lights so only the outer lights are the turns. Centers are still brake and reverse
I meant where the lights would function as one unit almost versus three units. Sort of like the older concept Challenger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
Winning...

A Guy

Reactions: ChallyTatum
1 - 15 of 15 Posts