Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I found some weird stuff
Trouble Spots

Consumer Guide's® Auto Editors have scoured repair bulletins and questioned mechanics to search for commonly occurring problems for a particular vehicle. In some cases we also give possible manufacturer-suggested solutions. In many instances these trouble spots are Technical Service Bulletins posted by the manufacturer, however, we have our own expert looking at additional vehicle problems.

Audio system: Disconnecting or reconnecting the battery without first removing the radio fuse can damage the MyGig radio due to voltage spikes. (2008-09)

Check-engine light: Intermittent check engine light due to problem with crankshaft position sensor on 3.5L engine which must be shimmed. (2009)

Odometer: The "B" trip odometer may not reset when pushed requiring reflashing the software. (2009)

Suspension problems: The ESP (electronic suspension program) light my blink on possibly accompanied by a howling noise requiring reflashing the ESP program software. (2009)

These to me are a bit strange, but the one that really gets me is the audio system part, if we unplug the battery or have to reinstall...without pulling the Mygig fuse you can blow the Mygig? That's very bothering considering how expensive those suckers are, anybody know if this is true? No one on hear has ever mentioned it...

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I know it's a legit link (ran across it myself too) but they apparently can't figure out that the Electronic Stability Program (not Electronic Suspension Program) has nothing to do with suspension...
I'm sure you'll be fine on the Mygig but that would suck if true, just haven't heard of it happening too anyone.
Justin
Well here's the link...
2008-2010 Dodge Challenger: Reliability - Consumer Guide Automotive

Just wanted to make sure this wasn't true, because if I had to swap a battery or disconnect it...would suck if it fried my Mygig.

·
Registered
504 Posts
whoever wrote that,needs to be fired...:notallthere:
The ESP (electronic suspension program) WTF :scratchhead:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Looks like they didn't get the memo on sun roof problems.
or cracked rocker panels
or scratched tint on passenger windows
or being distracted by ongoing gawkers and thumbs ups while driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts