Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a daily driver to do the normal daily things so I was looking at small economy cars. I don't want to drive my Hellcat everywhere, it's my baby. So I looked at some nice little sporty cars. When I got home I started looking around the web at the various small cars and then for kicks I started looking at baseline Mustangs and Challengers. Well it seems the local dealers are really discounting the SXT Challengers. For not that much money I can get a car that has the room and the style and the power of a really nice car plus it will make a good bracket car for an old man (me). I'm going for it right after Christmas, prices should even be better! The Challenger is a lot of car for the money.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well depending where you live.... In my neighborhood no good. GT would be must, also the answer. If you don't have the snow thing to worry about..........YOU NAILED IT!

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Well depending where you live.... In my neighborhood no good. GT would be must, also the answer. If you don't have the snow thing to worry about..........YOU NAILED IT!
He lives in Arizona based on his license plate in his profile picture, so he nailed it, huh? :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
my local dealer has brand new 2017 sxt (bare basic, no packages) advertised at 19,995 and few with black top packages going for 21,995. I'm willing to bet their is haggle room. Once my T/A lease is up, I will def consider buying an brand new SXT outright as my DD

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He lives in Arizona based on his license plate in his profile picture, so he nailed it, huh? :)
Not all of Arizona is snow free but it's rare to go below freezing during the day where I live.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
NAILED IT! I on the other hand I missed it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,138 Posts
They say that the best time to buy a new car is the end of the year because dealers are out to clear the lots for the newer year models and also their yearly sales determine how big of a sales bonus the dealerships get too and it's their last chance to sell more cars.

You can get yourself a Great deal if you wait until the week before New Years. Another nice thing is that it doesn't matter which brand that you want because they all offer deals.

·
Registered
850 Posts
My friend at the Ford dealership told me the best time to buy is anytime after Thanksgiving. The deals are there. Hate to admit it but I love the new Mustang GT with magnetic selective ride, active exhaust (4 settings), 10 speed automatic and performance package. By the time I option it the way I want it's about $50K. Have to pass.

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
A real savvy buyer can get their price anytime, just go and talk numbers, it’s a financial transaction and show zero affinity for the product. My friend goes in and tells them it’s as exciting as buying a toaster, he goes as far as to say color makes no difference, just the bottom line matters. He’s a university math professor so they can’t blur the numbers either.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
A real savvy buyer can get their price anytime, just go and talk numbers, it’s a financial transaction and show zero affinity for the product. My friend goes in and tells them it’s as exciting as buying a toaster, he goes as far as to say color makes no difference, just the bottom line matters. He’s a university math professor so they can’t blur the numbers either.
When I bought mine I told them I liked the color and options, but another dealer had one at a good price but not with the options I wanted.

I told them the price of the other and they refused it, so I wished them a good day and hung up.

Got a call an hour later saying they agreed. :roller:

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
When I bought mine I told them I liked the color and options, but another dealer had one at a good price but not with the options I wanted.

I told them the price of the other and they refused it, so I wished them a good day and hung up.

Got a call an hour later saying they agreed. :roller:
It’s because you were kind enough to wish them a nice day, good negotiating.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A real savvy buyer can get their price anytime...
I believe this to be true, although leftover models do have extra incentives usually. Most dealers will sell as long as they are making a profit. It's better to have a sale than to not have a sale. Your job is to convince them you will only buy if the price is right.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I believe this to be true, although leftover models do have extra incentives usually. Most dealers will sell as long as they are making a profit. It's better to have a sale than to not have a sale. Your job is to convince them you will only buy if the price is right.
Dealer is ALWAYS making a profit.

When someone gets a good deal, it's because it benefits them some other way, just not through you.

Reactions: sctm81

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Just for the record you don't need a Challenger GT to go in the snow. Last time I checked I live in PA and there
are times we get many many feet of snow. If you want to drive any RWD car in the snow all that's required are
real winter tires. Get yourself a set of aftermarket rims and four Blizzak's and you will have zero issues going
anywhere. My best friend has a SXT+ and he drives all over hells half acre to get to locks and dams in the
middle of winter and he's not had a single issue! :)

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
716 Posts
You are correct! I just drove 4 hours up to WI after watching for over a month a 2015 SRT 392 Scatpack. Car was originally listed (used) at 36K. This car is immaculate and the mechanic who checked it out couldn't believe how clean the car was mechanically. A mechanic owned it who works for the dealership on their Hellcats, he put quite a few extras in it as well - it has a cam job, barton shifter, 275 Nittos all around, stabilizer bars in the trunk and engine bay, CAI. After haggling with them for over a month I walked off the lot at 31,700. 23K miles on it and this thing runs so tight. SO jacked! Now the pain of storing it for winter sets in!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Went up to the dealer on Nov 30th.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
You are correct! I just drove 4 hours up to WI after watching for over a month a 2015 SRT 392 Scatpack. Car was originally listed (used) at 36K. This car is immaculate and the mechanic who checked it out couldn't believe how clean the car was mechanically. A mechanic owned it who works for the dealership on their Hellcats, he put quite a few extras in it as well - it has a cam job, barton shifter, 275 Nittos all around, stabilizer bars in the trunk and engine bay, CAI. After haggling with them for over a month I walked off the lot at 31,700. 23K miles on it and this thing runs so tight. SO jacked! Now the pain of storing it for winter sets in!
You did? Awesome! Pics when you get a chance. Are they giving you a warranty with the added cam shaft? Also does it have a catch can? That is all I can think of. Have fun!!! Great deal!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
you may lol at me but i purchased a loaded kia soul great car easy to drive and comfortable, id buy another if i had to like it that much. my challenger gets used when i want instead of daily driver. Im just way to old to roll out of a mustang GT i tried it no good, although i have cracked my head getting in the challenger a few times, lol....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts