Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would someone still buy a 392 SRT8? Unless they drop the price of the 392 SRT8 it could still run 52000 dollars. For 8 grand more you could get the Hellcat. Since we are talking this much money another 8 grand for a SIGNIFICANTLY better performing car would be worth it IMO. Of course this is all assuming the Hellcat is 60 grand which has been rumored.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Would someone still buy a 392 SRT8? Unless they drop the price of the 392 SRT8 it could still run 52000 dollars. For 8 grand more you could get the Hellcat. Since we are talking this much money another 8 grand for a SIGNIFICANTLY better performing car would be worth it IMO. Of course this is all assuming the Hellcat is 60 grand which has been rumored.
Both are Challengers, the SRT 392 is no joke. I cant see the price being a whole car more just because of powertrain. That's just me thinking out loud.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both are Challengers, the SRT 392 is no joke. I cant see the price being a whole car more just because of powertrain. That's just me thinking out loud.
Oh yea, both are beasts! Either one is awesome but I think if one has the money they may just go for the Hellcat since there may not be a 15000 gap in price.

·
Registered
825 Posts
That's a lot of saving... Almost $700 a month for a year... Most folks finance cars not pay cash. $59k is a lot.. It's a great car but that's not necessarily cheap and will be out if the reach if many who just MIGHT be able to swing an SRT

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's a lot of saving... Almost $700 a month for a year... Most folks finance cars not pay cash. $59k is a lot.. It's a great car but that's not necessarily cheap and will be out if the reach if many who just MIGHT be able to swing an SRT
Yea, that is a lot when you put it that way. I guess if you pushed it to two years of savings it wouldn't be too bad. $350 a month might be obtainable for some although that still is a nice amount to save.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ask the SE/SXT guys why they didn't spend 4k$ more and buy an RT

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Haha, yea I think that is funny. Pretty soon there will be people saying that they "could" have bought the Hellcat but they really wanted the 392 Challenger for some reason other then money...don't get me wrong the 392 Hemi is awesome but if I had the opportunity to buy the Hellcat or the 392 Hemi and money was no object, it would be the Hellcat for sure.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Just an educated guess here: I believe the Hellcat base price will be in the upper 70's to low 80's

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using your numbers, and thus assuming that the MSRP between the SRT and SRT Hellcat amounts to $8K, there's still more to consider.

Add a bit more for the increased gas guzzler tax, additional state sales tax on your purported $8K, increased licensing costs (State-dependent,) and of course higher insurance costs which is only a portion of the overall cost if ownership.

That $8K grows to $10-ish (or more) in a hurry and will continue to "slam you" in the wallet as long as you own the car.

Am NOT trying to be negative - just realistic !!!!!!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
398 Posts
$52K? I don't know about you, but I see a number of number 392 SRT8s below $50K at dealers around here. And the base price is like $45K, so it's really a $15K difference, not $8000.

So, since $15K is roughly the difference between the base R/T and the base SRT8, why is there an R/T?

Since there's only $4K difference between a base SXT and a base R/T, why is there an SXT?

Why not just have ONLY the Hellcat? :icon_lol:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Reactions: NFD3L

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
My 2012 challenger SRT had an MSRP of $50,080. I paid $42,000. It had been on the dealers lot for 10 months. They said they had ordered to many and could not sell them all. It was brand new so I bought it. They will mark down the 392 but I bet you will be hard pressed to get them down much on a Hell Cat. So MSRP may be a difference of $8,000 but actual price paid will be much further apart. That's why people will buy the crazy fast 392.

·
Premium Member
10,422 Posts
You're comparing a $52,000 loaded SRT to a base Hellcat. Try comparing an SRT Core to a base Hellcat, now what is the difference in cost. It has to be apple to apples to compare and I bet it's far greater than $8000.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts