Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into tires to replace my current 315/35-20 NT05r's for the winter. Being that I live in CA my only real worry is rain as it never snows where I live and freezing is never much of an issue.

Currently the only tire I'm looking at is the 315/35-20 Invo. The reason I'm looking for input is because I ran 275 Invo's before and even stock the traction they offered just wasn't enough.... but they do a great job at preventing hydroplaning.

What winter tires do the rest of you run and how do they do on traction compared to your summer tires?

Oh, another note before we get to the opinions... I will be around 550-600rwhp in the next month so I would really like something that can stand up to some power when its dry but still be safe in the rain (hydroplaning mostly as I can baby it at lower speeds). Sadly, none of the "wet performance" tires from the pirelli motorsport lines make it up to 20's.... Am I gonna need to use my 18's for the winter?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Check out the Vredestein a very good tire here is a link you can use to check sizes available and read up :) they have 275/35/18 & 295/75/18 available very good tire

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would really like to find some options for 20" rims... So far I've seen a ton for 18's and shouldn't have much issue deciding there. I did see the ones you linked have 20's but the sidewalls are just so small....

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well scratch that.... It's been brought to my attention that the Verdestein Ultrac Sessanta comes in a 315/35-20... I wonder if its a close width match to the 315 NT05's. I recall seeing some posts about the NT05's being quite a bit narrower than other 315's.

I'll be starting a new thread for specific reviews on the Verds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts